Media Player Classic – Black Edition ( MPC BE ) has been created by Russian developers
Users benefit from an option for removing tearing, multi-monitor support, color management, On Screen Display info, and various pixel shaders.
The player is available in 25 languages.
Furthermore, MPC-BE offers improved support for Windows Vista, 7 and 8, 10 due to the 64-bit build; it can play and record television when a TV tuner is installed, it supports most subtitle types and it provides support for EVR/EVR CP.
Alterations compared to MPC–HC include added, changed and fixed features. For instance, added features are the support for opening CUE format files, support for displaying subtitles from stereoscopic pictures, VSFilters.
Changes include handling of AC3 packets, the possibility to move subtitles during playbacks and the folder of the last opened file being selected for saving playlist.
Many features have been fixed as well, and bugs like crashing when the user tries to search for a video decoded by the external decoder have been eliminated.
The system requirements of MPC–BE are a SSE capable CPU and the latest DirectX 9.0c runtime.
Download and install DirectX 9c : http://filehippo.com/download_directx/
Overall, the interface and the user experience have been greatly improved compared to its predecessor.
Both 64 bit and 32 bit available. So make sure download the correct one.
- You may select “On top -> While playing video”
- Under “Open options” “New process for every file ” can be used to start multiple windows of MPC BE. Very helpful if you want to play multiple video at once.
- Tick “Remember last window size“
- Formats allow user to associate media files with MPC BE. It causes media files to be opened with MPC BE by default. You need to tick next to the “File extensions” which you want to associate with MPC BE.
- To associate media files with MCE BE click “Modify“
- Under association select which type of media files you want to associate with MPC BE
- To associate video files click “Video” and then click “Apply“
- Windows 8 OS users will see this window .
- Tick “Select all“
- Click “Save“
- Windows 10 user will see this window
- Click “Set this program as default“
- Click “OK“
- Keys shows all the shortcuts that can be used in MPC BE to run certain associated command.
- You can change the shortcut key associated to a command
- Logo of MPC BE can be changed using an external image file.
- To download MPC BE logos click on link : http://ge.tt/api/1/files/3q7Yv5O/0/blob?download
- Interface lets user set the theme of MPC BE
- Web Interface can be used to control MPC remotely using web browser
- In Playback the no. of times in “Play” tells how many times the files in playlist has to be played.
- Selecting “Repeat forever” will cause the files in playlist to be repeatedly played without stopping.
- Youtube settings lets user set the video resolution which will be played when a user opens youtube video URL using MPC BE.
- Color correction lets user increase/decrease the Brightness, Contrast, Hue, Saturation of the video being played in MPC BE.
- Generally saturation of most videos is increased by the content creator causing it to look more colorful. I recommend to set Saturation to “-25” to get more realistic color saturation. You may set Saturation to “-50” to get realistic color saturation which will show you the true color of the scene that was captured. But you may not like this setting because color will look dull and you are used to seeing high saturation color in videos.
- Ticking “Launch files in fullscreen” will cause media files to be start playing in full screen mode when you run it.
- Select “MPC Audio Renderer” . Click “Properties“
- Select “Shared ” in “WASAPI mode“
- Click “Apply” and “OK“
- Sometimes you play a media file which has very low audio. To increase the volume of audio in such media files you can tick “Auto Volume Control“.
- Here you can set the placement of subtitle in the MPC BE
- To do custom subtitle placement tick “Override placement” and set the horizontal and vertical position of the subtitle .
- Here you can do various settings on the font, alignment and theme of subtitle.
- To make “Default style” alignment setting to work user must tick “Default style” as shown below
- Increasing Font Spacing causes the spacing between letters of subtitle shown in screen to increase.
- Font angle changes the angle of subtitle shown on screen.
- Scale x and scale y scales the size of subtitle shown on screen.
- Border style setting lets user set the border theme and width.
- Screen alignment & Margins let user set the alignment of subtitle in screen. Setting of margin can be done next to “left” , “Right”, “Top”, “Bottom” which will set the distance at which subtitle will be shown from the left, right, top, bottom edge respectively.
- Colors & Transparency settings lets user set the color of the subtitle, its outline and shadow. It also lets user set the transparency of he subtitle, its outline and shadow.
- Click just below “Font’ to select the font type, font style and font size of the subtitle shown on screen.
- Here you can select the the font type, font style and font size of the subtitle shown on screen.
- Internal Filters shows the inbuilt filters, Video decoder and audio decoders of the MPC BE
- The filters that has been ticked will be used by the MPC BE to split and decode media files.
- If filter or decoder has been unticked then MPC BE will search the codecs installed in the system to play that media file of that extension.
- Click “Audio decoder configuration“
- Tick “int32” and “Float“
- External Filters lets user add external filters and decoders installed in the sytem to be used by MPC BE.
- To add a external filter click “Add filter”
- Select the filter you want to add and click “OK”
- Select “Prefer” for a decoder if you want MPC BE to use & prefer that decoder to decode media files.
- Select “Block” for a decoder if you want MPC BE to not use that decoder to decode media files.
- Settings management let user reset to default settings.
- Export button can be used to save the current settings in a file.
- If you are experiencing bad video playback ( Computer has slow GPU) then try disabling DXVA filters as shown below. Right click and and click “Disable DXVA filters” as shown below.
USING EXTERNAL FILTERS WITH MPC BE
- First Install external filter . Here i am using LAV filters.
Download LAV Filters from the link below and install it
- Click “Add Filters” as shown below.
- Select “LAV Audio Decoder” and click “OK“
- Select “LAV Audio decoder ” and set “prefer“
- Similarly add “LAV Splitter” , “LAV Splitter Source” and “LAV Video Decoder“
- Select each one and set “Prefer” as shown below.
- Click “Apply“
- Play a video file.
- Select “LAV Audio Decoder” as shown below
- Untick “Enable Mixing“
USE MULTIPLE INSTANCEs OF MPC BE PLAYER
- You can use MPC BE to play multiple media files at same time.
- To do so select “new process for every file” under “Open options”