Click on the link for Tutorial on recommended settings in Free Download Manager 6 : https://cyberraidentech.blogspot.com/2020/09/free-download-manager-6-recommended.html
This is tutorial for Free download manager version 5 settings.
DOWNLOAD LINK : http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/
During FDM installation,
You can choose to not set FDM as default client for torrents.
- Disable “Associate with .torrent files”
- Disable “Associate with magnetic links“
- If asked for Installing chrome web browser monitor , Choose “yes” button
- Click on drop-down menu as shown below and select “Settings…“
- Enable “Automatically remove deleted files from download list“
2. Web Browser integration
- Click on “extension” next to the web browser to install the extension
A. Google Chrome extension install
- Click “Add to chrome“
- Click “Add extension“
B. Firefox Browser extension install
- Click “Add to Firefox“
- When asked for permission choose “Add“
3. Traffic limits: Set the maximum global connections
FDM has three traffic speed modes: Low, Medium, High
By default, High traffic mode is selected
For each modes, you can set the maximum number of connections
- Low : Set the maximum number of connections to “12” and the maximum number of simultaneous downloads to “3”
- Medium : Set the maximum number of connections to “24” and the maximum number of simultaneous downloads to “6”
- High : Set the maximum number of connections to “48” and the maximum number of simultaneous downloads to “12”
4. Set FDM Global Download Speed limit
Here you can set the Maximum Download speed allotted to FDM for low and Medium Traffic Modes.
- To select a Preset Download speed click on drop-down Menu and select a download speed.
- To set a Custom Download speed click on the text box as shown below.
- Enter the desired download speed
5. Set FDM Global Upload Speed limit
Here you can set the Maximum Upload speed allotted to FDM for Low and Medium Traffic Modes.
- To select a Preset Upload speed click on drop-down Menu and select a download speed.
- To set a Custom Upload speed click on the text box as shown below.
- Enter the desired Upload speed
6. Set FDM as the default download client for torrent files
- Enable “Check if FDM is your default torrent client‘
- Click “Associate with torrents“
7. Remove FDM as default torrent client
- Disable “Check if FDM is your default torrent client“
8. Block FDM from downloading files with certain extensions
- If you don’t want to download torrent files using FDM then tick “Skip files with extensions“. Add file format “torrent” in the list as shown below.
To block FDM from catching file with extension “mp3, jpeg, jpg ” add t in the text box labelled “Skip files with extensions“
9. Disable Download complete Notifications
If you don’t want to get notifications of compted downloads then,
- Disable “Notify me of completed downloads via Notification Center“
10. Selecting Traffic Modes to be used by FDM
- From the lower-left corner, you can select the traffic mode you want FDM to use.
- There are three modes: Low, Medium, High
11. Disable “use browser if you cancel download via FDM“
12. If you want download to start automatically when you click a download link in the web browser, then
- Enable “Start downloading without confirmation“
DOWNLOADING FILES WITH FDM
- When you click on download link of files in web browser, FDM will automatically catch the download link and open this dialog box.
- Click on “Download” to start downloading the file
If a file is not being automatically added to FDM, the you can manually right click on the download link and select “Download with download Manager“
- Click on “Download” button to start the download
Download Video files
- To download video from youtube, play the video in youtube
- Click on “Download with FDM”
- Select the Resolution of the video file from the drop-down menu under “Quality “.
- Click “Download” to start the download
Remove the files from the Download list
- To remove the list of files that has been downloaded, tick next to it and click “Remove from list” button as shown below
Delete the files from Storage device
- If there is incomplete downloaded file in the list the to remove it tick next to it.Right click on it an select “Delete File“.