If you want to share internet connection through wireless(WiFi) then this is the software for you. Its easy to work with and small in size. It works on Windows 7 and 8 for both 32 bit and 64 bit version. MyPublicWiFi is an easy-to-use software that turns your laptop/PC into a Wi-Fi wireless access point. Anyone nearby can surf the Internet through your sharing. The MyPblicWiFi-Firewall can be used to restrict user access to specific servers. You can also prevent the use of certain Internet services (e.g. file sharing programs). MyPublicWiFi allows you to record and track all visited url pages on your virtual WIFI-Hotspot.
Internet connection from Ethernet,Wi-Fi,DSL,3G/HSDPA/4G can be shared using your computers WiFi by creating a wifi hotspot.
- Internet connection sharing will require Microsoft windows firewall to be turned ON. Navigate to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Administrative Tools\services. Here you can check if windows firewall is turned on or not.
- I have internet connection through the Ethernet and I want to share it in WiFi.
- Right click on the WiFi adapter and select properties.
- Select Internet protocol version 4(TCP/IPv4) and click on properties.
- Check if “Obtain an IP address automatically” and “Obtain DNS server address automatically” is selected. If not then select it.
- Install MypublicWifi.
- Run it in Administrator mode. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\MyPublicWiFi\MyPublicWiFi.exe. Right click and select properties. Go to compatibility tab and tick “Run this program as administrator“.
- Input network name which is the name given to wifi network.
- Input network key which will act as a password to access the wifi network.
- Tick “Enable internet sharing“.
- Select network adapter which has internet connection. In my case i have internet connection in Ethernet adapter.
- Click “setup and start hotspot“.
- Wifi hotspot has been started.
- You can see below that “Local area connection 12” is the new wifi hotspot connection.
- Right click on Ethernet adapter and select properties.
- In “sharing” tab tick “allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection“. Select the newly created virtual network adapter in “home networking connection“. In my case “local area connection 12“.
- Thats all. Now other people can connect to your Wifi network and get Internet access.
- Make sure the computer from which others will connect to your wifi network has wireless adapter TCP/IPv4 settings set to automatic as shown below.
- If others are accessing internet through mobile then also mobile wifi adapters TCP/IP setting must be automatic.
If MyPublic Wifi is not working then you may try