The AMD Radeon™ HD 8900M Series GPU offers the perfect combination of speed, immersive technology and intelligent power use for your gaming notebook.1
AMD Graphics Core Next Architecture: Experience DirectX® 11.1 as intended. The revolutionary AMD Radeon™ HD 8900M Series GPU is powered by AMD’s GCN Architecture. Now your games and applications will know the true meaning of speed.2
Optimized Performance and Power: AMD Enduro™ technology automatically adjusts graphics performance when you need it and helps extend battery life when you want it.3
AMD App Acceleration: Enjoy unprecedented performance in your everyday applications as well as unparalleled video playback and image quality with AMD App Acceleration technology.4
|AMD Radeon™ HD 8970M Series GPU|
|Engine Clock||850 MHz (up to 900 MHz with boost)|
|Memory||Up to 4GB GDDR5|
|Memory Clock||1200 MHz (4.8 Gbps)|
|Memory Bandwidth||153.6 GB/s|
|Peak Single Precision Compute Throughput||2304 GFLOPS|
|Peak Double Precision Compute Throughput||144 GFLOPS|
|Memory Interface||256-bit GDDR5|
|Bus Interface 1||PCI Express 3.0 x162|
- The AMD Radeon HD 8970M is the world’s fastest notebook GPU. In tests by AMD as of 18th, April 2013, the reference AMD Radeon™ HD 8970M showed higher average performance than NVIDIA’s highest performing single GPU mobile graphics card, the GeForce® GTX 680M, in the 3DMark® Fire Strike test with a score of FS4571 vs. FS3749 and in Crysis 3 (FPS, 1080p at very high quality presets). System configuration: Intel® Core™ i7-3720QM (2.6GHz), 6GB DDR3-1600 and Windows 7 x64. AMD Radeon™ HD 8970M evaluated with AMD Catalyst™ 13.10 Beta 4. NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 680M evaluated with NVIDIA® ForceWare™ 307.17 WHQL. GRM-4
- The GCN Architecture and its associated features (PCI Express® 3.0, AMD Enduro™, AMD ZeroCore Power technology, ACP Audio, etc.) are applicable to select MD Radeon™ HD 7000M and HD 8000M Series Graphics. Not all technologies are supported in all system configurations—check with your system manufacturer for specific model capabilities.
- AMD Enduro™ technology automatically turns off the AMD Radeon™ discrete GPU for non-intensive applications to help maximize battery life for more time unplugged, and requires either an AMD A-Series APU or an Intel processor, plus an AMD Radeon™ discrete graphics card and is available on Windows® 7 and Windows® 8 Standard and Professional editions. Linux OS supports manual switching which requires restart of X-Server to switch between graphics solutions. With AMD Enduro™ technology, full enablement of all discrete graphics video and display features may not be supported on all systems (e.g. OpenGL applications will run on the integrated GPU or the APU as the case may be). Always check with your system manufacturer for specific mode capabilities and supported technologies.
- AMD App Acceleration is a set of technologies designed to improve video quality and enhance application performance. Full enablement of some features requires support for OpenCL™ or DirectCompute (including AMD’s Universal Video Decoder (UVD)). Not all products have all features and full enablement of some capabilities and may require complementary products.
- AMD PowerTune, AMD’s Power Gating support, AMD ZeroCore Power and other AMD power management technologies are a family of technologies offered with certain AMD Radeon™ graphics products, which are designed to intelligently manage GPU power consumption in response to certain GPU load conditions. Not all products feature all technologies—check with your component or system manufacturer for specific model capabilities.
- AMD Eyefinity technology works with games that support non-standard aspect ratios, which is required for panning across multiple displays. To enable more than two displays, additional panels with native DisplayPort™ connectors are required. Limit two active adapters. Support for six simultaneous displays may require complementary products compatible with DisplayPort 1.2 Multi-Stream Transport. Maximum number of configured displays may vary – check with your component or system manufacturer for specific model capabilities and supported technologies.
- AMD HD3D is a technology designed to enable stereoscopic 3D support in games, movies and/or photos. Requires 3D stereo drivers, glasses, and display. Not all features may be supported on all components or systems – check with your component or system manufacturer for specific model capabilities and supported technologies