To get maximum read write speed from USB Pendrive/External hard Disk you need to Format it with “NTFS” File system and set “Allocation unit size” to 16-64 Kilobytes.
By default allocation unit size is 4KB.
Increasing the Allocation unit size makes it much easier to manage storage space but it also causes wastage of storage space.
So if you worry about wastage of storage space then use Allocation unit size as 16 KB. I recommend using 16 KB as Allocation unit size.
Otherwise you could use highest 64 KB.
Note : Formatting the USB Pendrive/External hard Disk will Erase all the data in it.
Get maximum read Write speed from USB Pendrive
- First insert the USB Pendrive to the computer.
- Move all the files in the pendrive to another location in the computer.
- Right click on the USB Pendrive as shown below and select “Format”
- Set File System as “NTFS“
- Set “Allocation unit size” to “64 kilobytes“
- Click “Start“
- Click “OK“
- Click “Close“
- Now you can Read Write files in USB Pendrive at much faster speed than before.
Get maximum read Write speed from USB External hard Disk
- First insert the USB External Hard Disk to the computer.
- Move all the files in the External Hard Disk to another location in the computer.
- Right click on the USB External Hard Disk as shown below and select “Format”
- Set File System as “NTFS“
- Set “Allocation unit size” to “64 kilobytes“
- Click “Start“
- Follow the instructions.
- After the Format has completed you will get maximum read write speed from USB External hard disk
Freemake Video Downloader downloads YouTube videos free “as-is” in MP4, WebM, 3GP, FLV formats. Download any YouTube videos as MP3 music files. Save YouTube links to AVI, MKV, WMV, iPhone, PSP, Android, phones, etc. Download several videos at once. Original quality is preserved.
Download streaming videos easily from YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, Dailymotion, LiveLeak, Flickr, Veoh, local and adult sites. The list is constantly updated! Capture any video clips, music videos, TV shows, series, movies, cartoons, how-to videos, etc. from the Internet. Free Video Downloader supports HD quality.
First download and install Freemake video downloader
FREEMAKE VIDEO DOWNLOAD OFFLINE INSTALLER : http://www.freemake.com/offline/offline_videodownloader/
- Click on “Options” to do custom settings
- Set “Download speed” to the download speed your internet connection
- It is recommended that you set “Download simultaneously” to “1 video“
- Click “OK“
HOW TO DOWNLOAD VIDEOS FROM VIDEO STREAMING WEBSITES
First you need to copy the link of video
- In case of youtube videos you can right click a video and select “Copy link location“
- You can also copy the video link from the address bar.
- Play the video that you want to download
- Right click on link in address bar as shown below
- select “Copy“
- Click “Paste” in Freemake video downloader
- Freemake will check the video link
- Select the desired resolution of the video
- Click “Download“
- Video file from youtube is being downloaded
- In case of downloading multiple files you can move the video to be downloaded, up or down in the queue using “Move up” and “Move down“
- You can remove the video from queue by clicking “x” at right corner as shown below.
7-Zip is open source software.
You can use 7-Zip on any computer, including a computer in a commercial organization. You don’t need to register or pay for 7-Zip.
The main features of 7-Zip
- High compression ratio in 7z format with LZMA and LZMA2 compression
- Supported formats:
- Packing / unpacking: 7z, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP, TAR, ZIP and WIM
- Unpacking only: AR, ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, CramFS, DMG, EXT, FAT, GPT, HFS, IHEX, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, QCOW2, RAR, RPM, SquashFS, UDF, UEFI, VDI, VHD, VMDK, WIM, XAR and Z.
- For ZIP and GZIP formats, 7-Zip provides a compression ratio that is 2-10 % better than the ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip
- Strong AES-256 encryption in 7z and ZIP formats
- Self-extracting capability for 7z format
- Integration with Windows Shell
- Powerful File Manager
- Powerful command line version
- Plugin for FAR Manager
- Localizations for 87 languages
7-Zip works in Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP / 2012 / 2008 / 2003 / 2000 / NT.
DOWNLOAD LINK FOR 7 ZIP : http://www.7-zip.org/
First download and install 7 zip.
- To change the settings start 7-Zip File manager as “Run as administrator”
- Open 7 zip “options“
- Select the archive file types that you want to associate with 7-Zip
- Click on “+” button as shown below
- Click on second “+” button as shown below
- Click “Apply” to apply the settings
- Here you can set how 7 zip will be shown in windows explorer context menu
- Tick “Icons in context menu“
- Tick “Show “..” item“
- Tick “Show grid lines“
- Here you can set the language used by 7 zip
NAVIGATING THE FOLDERS AND FILES USING MAIN INTERFACE
- You can open a Folder by double clicking on it
- To move to parent folder click on Icons as shown below
USING MAIN INTERFACE
- The “Test” button tests the archived file to check if the files in it is error free
- To test a archive file, select a archive file and click “Test“
- A windows will popup as shown below
- The “Copy” button can be used to copy selected files/folders to a specified folder.
- To copy files/folders, select the files/folders and click “Copy“
- The copy operation will show this window
- Select the folder in which you want to copy the selected files by clicking on button as shown below
- Select the folder in which selected files will be copied
- Click “OK“
- Click “OK” to start the copy operation
- The “Move” button will move the selected files/folders to a specified folder
- To move files/folders, select the files/folders and click “Move“. Then select a folder in which files/folders will be moved.
- The “delete” button will cause deletion of selected files/folders
USING MAIN INTERFACE TO COMPRESS FILES/FOLDERS IN AN ARCHIVE FILE
- Select files/folders that you want to compress in an archive file
- Click “Add“
- Archive: shows the name of archive file that will be created. You can edit the name to what you like
- It also shows the folder in which the archive file will be created. To change the folder click on button as hown below.
- “Archive Format” lets user choose the output file format. you can choose from from “7z’, “zip”, “tar”, “wim”.
- The “Encryption” section lets user create a password protected archive file. To password protect the archive enter a password in “Enter Password”
- Compression level lets user choose the level of compression. Higher level of compression require that your computer has more RAM installed. If you are going for high level of compression for compressing big files then you better have a 8 GB or more RAM. Various levels of compression are listed below
- Store : the files are not compressed and just archived in a archive file. The process is extremely fast.
- Fastest : The compression achieved is very low but process is very fast ( takes less time to complete)
- Fast : The compression achieved is low but process is fast ( takes less time to complete)
- Normal : It provides good balance between compression achieved and time take to complete the process
- maximum : It achieves maximum compression but time taken to complete the process is high
- Ultra : It achieves ultimate level of compression but time taken can be many hours to complete.
- Dictionary Size : larger dictionary size means better compression level. Larger dictionary size requires more Free RAM memory to compress files. Recommendation : Use maximum dictionary size of 128 MB. Above it you won’t achieve any good compression level.
- Word Size : Higher word size leads to more compression achieved. Recommended word size is 64
- Memory usage for compressing tells the free RAM memory size required compress the files with current settings. If you try to compress files in system with less RAM than required, then the system will hang.
- Memory usage for decompressing tells the free RAM memory required to decompress the archived file
- Ticking “Create SFX archive” creates a self extracting archive file
- Ticking “Delete files after compression” results in deletion of files that is being archived after the completion of compression
- Encryption lets user password protect archive files
- Ticking “Show password” lets user see the password being entered
- Ticking “Encrypt filenames” causes the file names of the files being archived to be encrypted so that no one can see the file names that has been archived. It is recommended to be used when you are password protecting a files which in confidential.
- When all settings are done click “OK” to create the archive file
- As shown below an archive file named “ARCHIVED SOFTWARE.7z” has been created
USING MAIN INTERFACE TO EXTRACT AN ARCHIVE FILE
- Select archived file/files that you want to extract
- Click on “Extract” button
- Select the folder in which you want to extract the archive files below “Extract to:“
- click “OK” to extract the archive files
- Shown below is the archive file extracted in folder named “Edimax USB wireless adapter windows driver“
USING MAIN INTERFACE TO EXTRACT A PASSWORD PROTECTED ARCHIVE FILE
- Select the password protected archived file/files that you want to extract
- Click on “Extract” button
- Since this is password protected archive, enter the known correct password for it below “password” as shown below
- click “OK” to start extracting the archive files
- password protected archive file “28-04-2016#18.zip” has been extracted to folder named “28-04-2016#18” as shown below.
7 ZIP WINDOWS EXPLORER CONTEXT MENU
- 7 zip adds a context menu in Microsoft Windows explorer
- Select archived file and right click on it
- User will see a 7 zip menu as shown below
- “open archive” is used to open the selected archive file in 7 zip main interface
- “Extract files…” is used to extract the selected archived files in a specified directory selected by the user
- “Extract Here” is used to extract the selected archive files in current folder
- “Extract to” is used to extract the selected archive files in a new separate folder which has name same as archive files
- “Test archive” test the selected archive files to check for error in it
- Select files/folders and right click on it
- “Add to archive…” is used to archive selected files/folders
- “Compress and email” is used to compress selected files/folders into a archive file and then email is using a email client software installed in the system
- “Add to <filename>.7z” is used to compress the selected files/folders into a 7z archive file format
- “Compress to <filename.7z>and email‘ is used to compress selected files/folders into a 7z archive file and then email is using a email client software installed in the system
- “Add to <filename>.zip” is used to compress the selected files/folders into a zip archive file format
- “Compress to <filename.zip>and email‘ is used to compress selected files/folders into a zip archive file and then email is using a email client software installed in the system
- CRC SHA menu can be used to calculate the CRC & SHA checksum
- First select a file for which you want to create a checksum. Right click and select any of “CRC-32”, “CRC-64”, “SHA-1”, “SHA-256” to create that checksum
- SHA256 hash created for a file
- CRC64 checksum created for a file
OPEN A ARCHIVE FILE USING WINDOWS EXPLORER CONTEXT MENU
- Select a archive file and right click on it
- Select “Open archive“
- The files in archive file will be shown in 7 zip main interface
EXTRACT A ARCHIVED FILE USING WINDOWS EXPLORER CONTEXT MENU
- To extract a archive file using windows explorer context menu, select a file and right click on it.
- Select “Extract to <filename>” as shown below
- As you can see below that the archived file has been successfully extracted in folder name”CrystalDiskInfo6_8_2“
- You can see the content of extracted file
EXTRACT MULTIPLE ARCHIVED FILES USING WINDOWS EXPLORER CONTEXT MENU
- To extract multiple archived files using windows explorer context menu, select the files and right click on it.
- Select “Extract to “*\” ” as shown below
- As you can see below multiple archived files has been extracted to separate folders, each having a name same as the name of archive file
COMPRESS A FILE/FOLDER USING WINDOWS EXPLORER CONTEXT MENU
- Select a file/folder and right click on it
- To compress the file/folder into a 7z archive file, select “Add to <Filename>.7z” as shown below
- File/folder compression procedure taking place. Depending on the file size and CPU speed the archiving process will take time to complete.
- 7z archive file named “WhatsAppSetup” successfully created
COMPRESS MULTIPLE FILES/FOLDERS USING WINDOWS EXPLORER CONTEXT MENU
- Select multiple files/folders and right click on it
- To compress the files/folders into a 7z archive file, select “Add to <Filename>.7z” as shown below
- Files/folders compression procedure taking place. Depending on the files/folders size and CPU speed the archiving process will take time to complete
- 7z archive file named “Programs” successfully created
- User can rename the archived file as he wishes
CREATE A PASSWORD PROTECTED ARCHIVE FILE USING EXPLORER CONTEXT MENU
- Select files/folders and right click on it
- To compress the files/folders into a password protected archive file, select “Add to archive” as shown below
- Enter the password the will be used to encrypt the archive file below “Enter password” under Encryption. use a strong password that cannot be easily guessed by others.
- Always choose “Encryption method:” as “AES-256” because it is strong encryption method
- click “OK” to start creating archive file
- Password protected archive file named “Programs” created as shown below
EXTRACT A PASSWORD PROTECTED ARCHIVE FILE USING EXPLORER CONTEXT MENU
- Select password protected files/folders and right click on it
- To extract the files/folders select “Extract to <filename>” as shown below
- User will be asked to enter known correct password for the password protected archive file. Enter the password as shown below
- Click “OK“
- As shown below the password protected archived file has been extracted in folder named “ARCHIVED FILE“
ARCHIVE AND SPLIT A FILE INTO SMALLER PIECES
- Select a file
- select “Split file” as shown below
- Enter the size of split files in “Split to volumes, bytes“. You can enter any size you want but it should be lower than the size of file being split. 20M means 20 Megabyte
- click “OK“
- As you can see the file has been archived with name “AVSDocumentEditor64.exe” and split into 20 MB files
- To combine the archived files you need to select the archived file as shown below
- Select “Combine files…” as shown below
CREATE A ARCHIVE FILE AND SPLIT IT INTO SMALLER PIECES USING CONTEXT MENU
- The benefit of splitting files is that it can send as emails which as file size limits. Large sized file size can be split into 700 MB size to be written in CD. Large sized file can be split to fit into smaller size pendrive.
- Select the files/folders and right click on it
- Select “Add to archive” as shown below
- You can set the file split size in “Split to volumes, bytes“. as example i have set it to 20M which is 20 megabytes.
- Click “OK” to create the archive
- You can see below that archived file named “programs.7z” has been created and split into 20 MB size filess
- To extract the split archive files select the first file as shown below and right click on it
- Select any of the three extract sub-menu as shown below. In this case “Extract Here“
- The split archive files has been successfully extracted
CREATE A SELF EXTRACTING ARCHIVE FILE
The benefit of creating self extractinf archive file is it does not need any software to extract the files in it.
This time the files extension of archived file will be .exe
- Select the files/folders you want to archive in a self extracting file. Right click on it
- Select “Add to archive…” as shown below
- Tick “Create SFX archive“
- Click “OK“
- Self extracting archive being created
- Self extracting archive named “Programs” created.
- To extract it select it. Right click on it and select “Open“
- Set the location in which files will be extracted
- Files successfully extracted as shown below
After installing/uninstalling few application some entries gets left in the startup that is not valid. These autorun entries cause delayed bootup or other error messages during bootup.
A large percentage of users must have such invalid entries after few months of usage and are recommended to delete it. But there is no automatic cleaning tool. You need to do it manually. For that, you need Comodo Cleaning Essentials.
Comodo Cleaning Essentials (CCE) is a set of computer security tools designed to help users identify and remove malware and unsafe processes from infected computers.
Major features include:
KillSwitch – an advanced system monitoring tool that allows users to identify, monitor and stop any unsafe processes that are running on their system.
Malware scanner – Fully customizable scanner capable of unearthing and removing viruses, rootkits, hidden files and malicious registry keys hidden deep in your system.
Autorun Analyzer – An advanced utility to view and handle services and programs that were loaded when your system booted up.
CCE is a lightweight, portable application which requires no installation and can be run directly from removable media such as a USB key, CD or DVD. Home users can quickly and easily run scans and operate the software with the minimum of fuss. More experienced users will enjoy the high levels of visibility and control over system processes and the ability to configure customized scans from the granular options menu.
Everything – Displays all the autorun items in the main display pane.
Logon – Displays only the autorun items identified from standard autostart locations such as the Startup folder for all users, the Registry Run keys, and standard application launch locations.
Explorer – Displays only the Explorer shell extensions from various installed applications, browser helper objects (BHO), explorer toolbars, active setup executions and shell execute hooks.
Internet Explorer – Displays only the BHOs, Internet Explorer toolbars and extensions.
Scheduled Tasks – Displays the modules loaded by tasks and applications scheduled from Windows Task Scheduler.
Services – Displays the modules loaded as Windows Services.
Drivers – Displays only the kernel-mode drivers that are in currently enabled on the system.
Codecs – Displays the autorun items loaded by various coders-decoders used for handling media files like audio and video files.
Boot Execute – Displays the autorun items loaded by applications, services, and commands executed during the time period between the system boot-up and the user log-on.
Image Hijacks – Displays the modules loaded by image file execution options of various applications installed in your system. Most of the malware modify the image file execution options of a legitimate application and make themselves to run when the real application is started. Autorun Analyzer enables you to identify such illegitimate autorun items loaded by malware that affect the image file execution options of legitimate applications and to disable/remove them.
AppInit – Displays the application initialization Dynamic Link Library (DLL) modules loaded as autorun items.
KnownDLLS – Displays the DLL modules loaded by Windows for the start-up applications that reference those DLLs.
Winlogon – Displays the DLL modules registered for Winlogon notification of logon events.
Winsock Providers – Displays the DLL modules registered for Winsock protocols, including Winsock service providers.
An anti-malware software does not scan Winsock Service Providers as it is treated as a safe zone. Taking advantage of this, some malware enters into your system as a Winsock Service Provider. But Autorun Analyzer can identify the DLL modules loaded by Winsock Service Providers and notify you if they are untrusted. It also enables you to remove those untrusted modules from your system.
Print – Displays the DLLs load into the print spoolers configured as services to start with Windows. Some malware finds their entry through Print spooling service to start themselves automatically during system start-up.
LSA Providers – Displays the DLL modules registered by Local Security Authority (LSA) authentication, notification and security packages.
Network – Displays the DLL modules loaded by network connection services.
Its better that you do this in categories
Throughout I am asking to delete the entry, but you can also just untick it to disable the entry. After reboot, if you get successful reboot you can delete those entries.
Keep in mind to not delete entries by Publisher “Microsoft Corporation”
DELETE ALL UNNECESSARY ENTRIES
Start Autorun Analyzer
- In explorer shell extension entry, you can see Baidu entry with no Image path. Since the file does not exist in the system the entry associated with must be deleted.
- Delete the entry
- Scheduled task
- below you can see one entry which has “image path” but there is no description or publisher.
- you should look online for it.
- The file “getthenetworkinfo.vbs” is safe so you don not need to delete it
- Here is driver entry file “Image path” is valid but there is no description.
- If you look online it’s safe. So don’t need to delete it.
- here in driver, the file does not exist. So it’s safe and better to delete the entry
- again file not found in the hard disk. So delete it.
- here there are two entries. Files exist in the system and are safe.
- So no need to delete it
- here is codecs entry. three entries are there with no file in hard disk.
- So delete it
- Here again “file not found”. So delete it
- here again “File not found” so delete it.
- here in LSA provider. Entry size is zero.
- You can delete it
Delete or Untick the entries for which “Image Path” shows “File not found”
Reboot when done