ESET Smart Security 7
Malware detection rate is very good.
Proactive protection is very good and is done without asking users. Very effectively suppresses new active malwares.
Easy to use.
Impact on system performance is low
A lot of settings that can be done.
Scan speed is fast.
- Personal Firewall
- Parental Control
- Social Media Scanner
- Exploit Blocker
- Advanced Memory Scanner
- Vulnerability Shield
- Device Control
Exploit Blocker is designed to fortify often exploited application types on users’ systems, such as web browsers, PDF readers, email client or MS office components. It adds another layer of protection by using a completely different technology, compared to techniques focusing on detection of malicious files themselves…
Instead, it monitors behavior of processes and watches for suspicious activities that are typical for exploits. When triggered, the suspicious behavior is analyzed and the threat might be blocked immediately on the machine. Certain suspicious activities are processed further in our cloud systems, which gives Exploit Blocker the potential to protect users against targeted attacks and previously unknown exploits, so called zero-day attacks.
Advanced Memory Scanner couples nicely with Exploit Blocker, as it is also designed to strengthen the protection against modern malware. In an effort to evade detection, malware writers extensively use file obfuscation or/and encryption. This causes problems with unpacking and might pose a challenge to bypass for ordinary anti-malware techniques, such as emulation or heuristics. To tackle this problem, the Advanced Memory Scanner monitors the behavior of a malicious process and scans it once it decloaks in the memory. This allows for effective infection prevention even from heavily obfuscated malware.
Vulnerability shield is an extension of firewall and improves detection of Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE’s) on the network level.
By implementing detections for CVE’s of widely used protocols, such as SMB, RPC and RDP, it constitutes another important layer of protection against spreading malware, network-conducted attacks and exploitations of vulnerabilities for which a patch has not been released or deployed yet.
ESET LiveGrid – Built on ThreatSense.NET® advanced early warning system, ESET LiveGrid® utilizes data that ESET users have submitted worldwide and sends it to ESET’s Virus Lab. ESET Virus Lab specialists then use the information to build an accurate snapshot of the nature and scope of global threats in order to release relevant updates to our virus signature database, keeping ESET adaptive to the latest threats.
Moreover, it implements a reputation system that helps to improve the overall efficiency of our anti-malware solutions. When an executable file or archive is being inspected on user’s system, its hash tag is first compared against a database of white- and blacklisted items.
If it is found on the whitelist, the inspected file is considered clean and also flagged to be excluded from future scans. If it is on the blacklist, appropriate actions are taken – based on the nature of the threat. Only if no match was found, the file is scanned thoroughly. Based on results of this scan the file becomes a candidate to extend the corresponding list. This approach has a significant positive impact on scanning performance.
This reputation system allows for effective detection of malware samples even before their signatures are delivered to user’s computer in via updated virus database (which happens several times a day).
DOWNLOAD ESET Smart Security 7
- 64 bit – http://download.eset.com/download/win/ess/ess_nt64_enu.msi
- 32 bit – http://download.eset.com/download/win/ess/ess_nt32_enu.msi
- ESET Smart security main interface
- Custom scan
- Database and product Update
- various modules can be Enabled or Disabled
- Log files
- log filtering to filter-out logs as required
- Schedule a task
- Quarantine shows quarantined malwares
- Activity graph
- running processes
- Network connections
- Web Filtering
- IPSec VPN
- App Firewall
- 2-Factor Authentication
- Vulnerability Scan
- WAN Optimization
- On-net detection for auto-VPN
- Pre-Install Malware Cleanup
- Enable Full Protection with One Click
- IPS based Application Firewall
- On-net and Off-net Location based Behaviour
- Client Customization & Rebranding
- UI Support for Advanced VPN Configuration Options
- IPv6 Support for VPN (IPSec & SSL)
- Improved Single Sign-ON Agent Support
- Select “Complete”
- Forticlient interface.
- antivirus module
- Web security module which does web filtering
- those categories that are ticked will be allowed to open and those that are not ticked will be blocked
Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 is with a non-intrusive and extremely fast scanning technology, it offers enhanced silent security against e-threats.
Bitdefender is a romania based computer security company.
Bitdefender malware detection rate is very good. Also malicious website detection rate is very good.
good protection from phishing websites
proactive protection from unknown malware is also very good. This feature the cpu usage to rise to detect unknown malware. But bitdefender successfully suppresses malicious activity by new malwares.
firewall may slow down browsing speed. In that case you should disable the bitdefender firewall and turn on windows inbuilt firewall.
The interface response is fast. RAM usage is around 300 MB. But may increase in parental control feature is used. Photon technology is really good and effective which tries to minimize the slowdown caused by Bitdefender.
During antivirus scan RAM usage can go upto 500 MB or more.
Uses new window 8 metro type theme.
Extremely user friendly.
Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 (32 bit)
Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 (64 bit)
Try this Bitdefender Internet Security Serial key –
- Register the product if you have serial key
- Activate your product
- Bitdefender interface and desktop widget
- To make bitdefender more lighter on system resources, click “custom” as shown below
- Select “Scan only applications”
- Click “OK”
- Click ‘Quarantine” tab
- Tick “Rescan quarantine after virus definitions update”
- Since you have done a custom antivirus settings, bitdefender will show that Autopilot is OFF. No need to worry about it
- Bitdefender will also show alert that “Scan all files option is disabled”
- To suppress this alert, un-tick it from “Security Issues”
- Select “permanently”
- Click “OK”
SCHEDULE A SCAN
- Click “Manage Scans”
- To add a new scan task, click “new custom task”
- Give scan name “scan C: Drive”
- Tick schedule
- Select “periodically”
- Set starting time of your choosing and repeat interval to 14 days
- Tick “C:” in Scan targets
- Click “Advanced’ tab
- Tick “run task in low priority”
- Tick “Minimize scan wizard to tray icon”
- Click “OK”
- Schedule scan of C: drive created
Data Protection module
- You can block access to any application by selecting “Deny”
- You can add your own custom firewall rule by clicking “Add Rule”
- Select Program path of application which will be subjected to this rule
- Select “network type” on which this rule will apply
- Select the permission
- In “Advanced” tab you can select the direction of traffic on which rule will apply
- Once done setting click “OK”
- New firewall rule added
Intrusion Detection System
- Set level to “medium”
Daum Potplayer — a fully free, multifunction multimedia record player with built-in codecs and flexible system of tuning. PotPlayer not only has almost all the features that other advanced pleery,but also possesses alongside new, among which it is possible to select support of practically all modern videos and audio formats, high quality of reproducing, and also built-in videos, is codecs of DXVA.
Daum PotPlayer is a modern and stylish design, and easy to manage settings. The program has the ability to change and assign new hotkeys,to connect DSP plug-ins, frame-accurate to take off skrinshoty videofiles,to write down a reproduced sound in the separate file, to include and disconnect visualization when playing audiofiles, to show subtitles,to change the design (skins). This record player has a great number of functions and tuning which considerably improve quality of video.
- 64 bit – http://www.filehorse.com/download-daum-potplayer-64/
- 32 bit – http://www.filehorse.com/download-daum-potplayer-32/
- Start “Preferences” window
- Playback/System info
- All Preferences
- Set “On top:” to “While Playing“
- Set “File open method” to “Open selected file(s) only“
- Set “Multiple Instances:” to “Disable:play files in existing PotPlayer Instance“
- Set “Window size” to “last used size“
- Set “Default window size:” to “Do not use“
- You may tick “Remember playback position“. Enabling this cause potplayer to remember the time at which you stopped playing a video/audio file. So next time you play same video/audio file, it will start playback from where you left.
- Tick “Adjust AR to Windows size“
- Set “VMR9/EVR Scaler:” to “Texture Anisotropic“
- Set “Audio Renderer: ” to “Built-in WASAPI Audio Renderer“
- Set “Speakers: ” to “Same as input“
- Set “Resample ” to “96000 Hz“, “Normal Quality” and “32-bit (floating point)“
- Untick “Boost Audio“
- To associate video files to be played in Potplayer click “Select Video Ext” and click “Apply“
- In windows 10 this windows will be shown.
- Select “Potplayer Playback only” and click “Set this program as default”
USE EXTERNAL FILTERS
- Download and install external filter.
- In this case LAV filters. http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Codec-Packs-Video-Codecs/LAV-Filters.shtml
- Open PotPlayer preferences
- Click “Filter management“
- Click “Scan“
- Click “OK“
- In “Filter priority (Overall)” click “Add registered filter“
- Select “LAV Audio Decoder“
- Click “OK“
- Set “Priority” to “Prefer“
- Similarly add “LAV Splitter“, “LAV Splitter Source” and “LAV Video Decoder“
- Set “Priority” to “Prefer” for each one.
- Click “Apply” and “OK“