These settings can be done on firefox & firefox based web browser to get better privacy
- Tick “Tell sites that i do not want to be tracked“
- Untick “Enable Telemetry“
- Untick “Enable Firefox Health Report“
- Untick “Enable Crash Reporter“
- Write “ about:config” on address bar and press “Enter”
- Click “i ‘ll be careful, I promise!“
Find these preference names and change the Status as shown below
- media.peerconnection.enabled False
- network.http.referer.XOriginPolicy 1
- network.http.referer.spoofSource True
- network.http.referer.trimmingPolicy: 2
- browser.startup.page 0
- geo.enabled False
- browser.safebrowsing.enabled False
- browser.safebrowsing.malware.enabled False
If you have 4 GB or more RAM
- browser.cache.disk.enable false
- browser.cache.memory.enable True
- Add this new integer entry with name “browser.cache.memory.capacity” and value integer “400000”
DISABLING MALICIOUS & PHISIHING URL DETECTION
This feature helps if detecting malware distributing & phishing websites. But to do so it transmit URL of all website you visit to google servers. So some folks may disable it if you want extreme privacy. Its up to you
- Untick “Block reported attack sites“
- Untick “Block reported web forgeries“
ADD UBLOCK ADDON
To block ads, tracking websites, social media widgets
Configure ublock settings
In tab “3rd party filters” tick as shown below
- When done click “Apply changes“
ADD SELF DESTRUSTING COOKIES ADDON
Self destructing cookie settings
- You may want to increase the “grace period” to “1200“
- Untick “Notifications“
- All the cookies of websites will be deleted when you close the tab. So you might want to add some website in “Whitelist” whos cookies will not be deleted
- To do so click “Edit Whitelist“
- Enter the name of website which you want to whitelist
- Click “Allow“
- Click “Close“
If you don’t want cookies of a website to be deleted. This is another method for whitelisting those websites. You can do so by
- open the website
- Click on “Self destructing cookie” icon
- Select “never” so that the cookie of this website will never be deleted
- For online shopping and online banking website you should select “after you close the browser”.
Is your ISP or the institution blocking access to certain websites. Or you need some private web browsing and don’t want to be monitored. Then highly anonymous proxy is what you need.
First you need to find such proxy servers. Here i will use https://www.hidemyass.com/ to find some very good anonymous servers.
Avoid proxy server from USA, Germany, UK.
Prefer proxy server from Czech Republic and Romania.
Go to link : http://proxylist.hidemyass.com/
- Scroll down
- Untick “Protocol“, “Anonymity level“, “Speed“, “connection time” as shown below.
- Click “Update Result“.
- Now you will see filtered result as shown below.
- Select one of the ip address and copy it. Also remember the port number.
- in this case the ip address is “126.96.36.199” and port number is “3128″
FIREFOX PROXY SERVER SETTINGS
- To enable proxy server in Firefox start Firefox web browser
- Open Tools->Options
- Goto network tab. Click Settings as shown below
- Select “Manual proxy configuraion:“
- Enter the proxy server address and port as shown below.
- Tick “Use this proxy server for all protocol“.
PROXY SETTINGS FOR GOOGLE CHROME, INTERNET EXPLORER AND MICROSFT EDGE BROWSER
- Open Control panel.
- Click “Internet Options“.
- Goto connections tab.
- Click “LAN Settings“.
- Tick “Use proxy server for you LAN“
- Enter the proxy server address and port as shown below
- Click “OK“
WebFilter Pro is cloud based web content filtering addon for Firefox and chrome.
It is very effective and easy to use.
Download WebFilter addon
- Working mode : Parent meaning no website will be blocked
- You may hide the webfilter icon from firefox
- You may password protect settings
- You may add websites in blacklist which will be blocked.
- You may sync whitelist & blacklist using an online account and password.
- If any website is not blocked then you may send “User Feedback” to add that website in block list.