Malware is detected using comodo cloud engine. So computer must be connected to internet inorder to detect malware.
Malware detection rate is good.
Weak in detecting new malwares. But your computer will remain protected because unknown files will be automatically sandboxed.
Antivirus scan speed is slow.
Autosandboxing will sandbox some good applications also.
There is no malicious and phishing URL protection.
Comodo cloud antivirus can be used as an additional protection together with other antivirus softwares.
- After installation tick “Don’t show this windows again”
- The main interface of comodo cloud antivirus
- Various types of scan available
- Quick scan in progress
- Custom scan detects malware
- Various actions that can be taken on detected malware
You can click on ? icon at top right corner to see the detail help file about the various settings
- Excluded path contains files & folders which will not be scanned by comodo antivirus
- Excluded Applications contains executable softwares which will not be scanned by comodo antivirus
- Various actions that can be done on quarantined malware
- By default comodo sandboxes an unknown application when executed.
- If it is a safe application then click “Don’t sandbox it again”.
- Warning : If you click “Don’t sandbox it again” and the unknown application is malware then your computer will be in danger of destruction done by malware.
INSTALLING & UNINSTALLING AN APPLICATION
- It is advisable by me that before you install or uninstall a safe software, turn OFF the sandbox as shown below.
- After the install or uninstall of safe application is completed, turn ON the sandbox.
- If a malware is detected by comodo cloud antivirus then this message will be shown.
- Click “Clean” to quarantine the malware which is recommended action
Ultra-clean Cloud Technology
Our cloud technology offers unique cleaning solutions for 5,000 of the world’s most popular programs, and can target more than 10,000 cleaning points in your computer.
Perform an all-around check in just one click. The “Full Scan” feature of Baidu Cleaner can detect all your PC’s problems in a single click, including junk files, privacy-related problems, startup items and malicious plug-ins.
Powerful PC Maintenance
Detect your PC’s problems intelligently in real-time, and be reminded when it’s time to fix a specific issue. It’s the smart PC assistant you deserve.
Auto-detect bundled and/or malicious software, and completely remove it in seconds. Easily manage all of your installed programs, and keep your PC ultra-clean.
Baidu Cleaner’s “Startup Manager” feature detects all auto-start items on your PC, and allows you to easily turn them off or on to improve your boot time and overall computer performance.
Baidu Cleaner’s “System Repair” feature tells you the current status of your Internet connection, operating system and startup programs, and can even scan for viruses to help you fix any existing problems and speed up your PC.
DOWNLAD LINK : http://cleaner.baidu.com/en/
System and registry cleaning capability is good. More improvements can be done.
- Realtime monitoring
- More free tools can be installed
- Full clean has detected many junk files
- I am not happy with Startup cleaner.
- it has flagged useful application to be disabled from auto-starting. this is not good. user will have to be careful which application is being disabled from startup entry.
- Software uninstaller tool
- more tools can be installed by clicking on it.
- System repair tool is very helpful
Startup Manager Tool
- Be very careful while using it.
- If you are not sure what you are doing then don’t use this tool
SYSTEM REPAIR TOOL
- This is a very usefful cloud based tool
- It can be used to repair the system settings that has been altered by accident or by malwares
- It can also detect & remove malwares running in the system or malwares installed in the system. It can detect & remove the startup entries of malwares.
Cloud based malware detection & removal tool
Helpful in removing malicious scripts and malwares active in memory. So if your computer is infected then you must use this tool to remove active malwares.
In addition use malwarebytes antimalware and Emsisoft Emergency kit to remove active malware from the system.
OnDemand Online malware scan & removal tools help in scanning & removal of malware from your computer. The detection is done in cloud so you need to have a live internet connection for these tools to work. Thats why the size of these tools are small.
Malware types that will be scanned are viruses, worms, Trojans, and spyware.
It can be used along with the installed realtime antivirus software without any compatibility issues. You can run it anytime and scan any specified files/folders.
1. Trend Micro HouseCall
HouseCall is Trend Micro’s highly popular and capable on-demand antivirus software scanner for identifying and removing viruses, trojans, worms, unwanted browser plugins, and other malicious software.
It features an intuitive interface and the ability to perform fast scans that target critical system areas and active malware. It also leverages the Trend Micro Smart Protection NetworkTM to help ensure that scans catch the latest threats.
HouseCall 8 includes the following features:
- Easy-to-use interface makes scanning your computer a snap
- Custom Scan let’s you specify which folders to scan
- Quick Scan reduces scan times to a few minutes
- Stand-alone; eliminates compatibility issues associated with browser-activated scanners
- Smart Scan delivers the latest protection while reducing download times
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8 both 32 & 64 bit
- Download housecall and run it. It will download some components from the internet.
- This is the main interface of trend micro housecall.
- In settings you can select what to scan.
- Smart feedback setting
- Housecall scan is running
- It detected some threats. Click “Fix now” to start removal of threat.
- Scan result.
2. PANDA CLOUD SCANNER
- Greater detection capacity than traditional antivirus solutions thanks to its latest generation technologies.
- Online detection of all types of malware, vulnerabilities and unknown threats.
- Easy to use from your browser and always up-to-date against the latest threats.
- A free report about threats detected and the status of the security protection installed on your computer.
- Compatible with any installed antivirus, the most popular browsers and the latest versions of Windows, including Windows 7.
- Panda needs to be installed to work.
- Panda cloud scanner main interface.
- It lets you do standard scan to search for active malware.
- Analyse all PC scans whole computer. Analyse other elements lets you do custom scan in which you can specify which folder has to be scanned.
3. F-Secure Online Scanner
Harmful items (malware, spyware, viruses and Trojans) can impact device and Internet performance, slowing down connections and affecting usability. They also pose a risk to consumer privacy. Private credentials like passwords can be stolen, providing cyber criminals with access to online bank accounts, social media accounts, and other personal data.
F-Secure Online Scanner finds and removes harmful items from your PC. Online Scanner helps to get rid of viruses and spyware that may cause problems on your PC, and it works even if you have another security software installed on your computer. F-Secure Online Scanner is easy to use with just a couple of clicks: just download it and run it. It does not leave anything on your PC.
Online Scanner cleans your PC.
- Scans your PC for harmful items
- Cleans up viruses and malware
- Detects latest threats immediately
- Easy to use
- Windows 8
- Windows 8 Pro
- Windows 7 (all editions)
- Windows Vista (all editions)
- Windows XP SP3
- Download and run fsecure online scanner
- Scanning memory.
- Scanning files.
- This is standard and simple scan the scans for active malware.
- There is no custom scan available.
- Scan finished.
4. Norton Power Eraser
Eliminates deeply embedded and difficult to remove crimeware that traditional virus scanning doesn’t always detect. This powerful FREE tool from Symantec detects and eliminates difficult-to-remove threats, rootkits, and unique types of crimeware like scamware that cost unsuspecting computer users as much as $150 million per year.
The NEW Norton Power Eraser takes on difficult to detect crimeware known as “scareware” or “rogueware” that cybercriminals use to trick you into unknowingly downloading threats onto your computer. This growing form of crimeware uses bogus pop-up alerts or security messages that scare you into thinking your computer has been infected and needs to be fixed immediately. It can be so tricky that it can automatically download onto your computer even if you don’t actively click anything! The Norton Power Eraser is specially designed to aggressively target and eliminate this type of crimeware and restore your computer back to health.
You should use Norton Power Eraser only when nothing else will remove the threat and you are willing to accept the risk that the scanner may quarantine a legitimate program.
Norton Power Eraser is specially designed to aggressively target scamware. It uses our most thorough scanning technology to eliminate threats that traditional virus scanning doesn’t always detect, so you can get your PC back.
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8 both 32 & 64 bit
- Download and run Norton power eraser.
- This is the main interface of norton
- Advanced lets you choose which type of scan you want to do.
- Reputation scan lets you scan specified file or folder.
- Choose the folder to scan
- Norton detected some threats. Very good detection rate.
- Norton made me restart the computer to remove these simple malwares which could have been simply deleted.
- Norton system scan does standard scan which scans for active malware. It is better you do whole computer scan.
- Some detected threats.
- Settings .
- If you include rootkit scan then you will have to restart computer every time you start norton scan.
- Proxy setting for internet connection.