To protect your important documents from malware, you should enable Bitdefender ransomware module
- Click “View modules“
- Click on ransomware protection settings
- Enable it by turning it “On” as shown below
- Click “Add” to add folders in which your important documents are kept.
- Tick all your important folders as shown below.
- Click “OK“
- I added my two important folders that need to be protected from malware.
- Bitdefender allow all application that is considered as “Safe” to access the protected folder
- Only when Unknown application or malware tries to access “protect folders”, Bitdefender blocks it.
- If you want any application to access “Protected folder” then you need to add that application in “Trusted applications” list
- To do so click on”Trusted applications” as shown below
- Click “Add“
- Find and select the application as shown below
- Click “OK“
- Click “Close“
- “Blocked Applications” List contains applications that have been blocked from accessing the “protected folder”
Operating system : Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
- first, download Bitdefender online installer and run it.
- Create Bitdefender account if you don’t have one.
- If you have Bitdefender account then sign in
- Once it starts downloading as shown below, close the window
- Download Bitdefender Offline installer and run it
- 64 bit – http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/bp/all/bitdefender_bp_64b.exe
- 32 bit – http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/bp/all/bitdefender_bp_32b.exe
- Click “install” to begin the installation
- Bitdefender antivirus free main interface
- If any safe application gets quarantine then you can restore that file by clicking on the icon a shown below.
- Full scan in progress
First download this offline installer and save it. Don’t run it
For 64 bit Windows OS
For 32 bit Windows OS
Now download one of these depending on what you want to install in the computer
Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2017
Bitdefender Internet Security 2017
Bitdefender Total Security 2017
- Run it on the computer
- When it starts downloading as shown below, Close the window by clicking on top right corner as shown below.
- Run the previously downloaded offline installer and follow the instructions
- After few minutes installation will complete successfully
- Very good malware detection rate
- Good malicious website detection rate
- Light on system resources
- Good proactive protection from new unknown malwares
- Very easy to use
- In firewall settings you can allow or block an application from accessing the internet
- Ransomeware protection allows user to add folders that will be protected from ransomewares.
- It is recommended that you add folders in it that contain important files