Malware is detected using comodo cloud engine. So computer must be connected to internet inorder to detect malware.
Malware detection rate is good.
Weak in detecting new malwares. But your computer will remain protected because unknown files will be automatically sandboxed.
Antivirus scan speed is slow.
Autosandboxing will sandbox some good applications also.
There is no malicious and phishing URL protection.
Comodo cloud antivirus can be used as an additional protection together with other antivirus softwares.
- After installation tick “Don’t show this windows again”
- The main interface of comodo cloud antivirus
- Various types of scan available
- Quick scan in progress
- Custom scan detects malware
- Various actions that can be taken on detected malware
You can click on ? icon at top right corner to see the detail help file about the various settings
- Excluded path contains files & folders which will not be scanned by comodo antivirus
- Excluded Applications contains executable softwares which will not be scanned by comodo antivirus
- Various actions that can be done on quarantined malware
- By default comodo sandboxes an unknown application when executed.
- If it is a safe application then click “Don’t sandbox it again”.
- Warning : If you click “Don’t sandbox it again” and the unknown application is malware then your computer will be in danger of destruction done by malware.
INSTALLING & UNINSTALLING AN APPLICATION
- It is advisable by me that before you install or uninstall a safe software, turn OFF the sandbox as shown below.
- After the install or uninstall of safe application is completed, turn ON the sandbox.
- If a malware is detected by comodo cloud antivirus then this message will be shown.
- Click “Clean” to quarantine the malware which is recommended action