COMODO INTERNET SECURITY PREMIUM 8
Malware detection rate is good.
Firewall is very good.
Proactive protection is very good.
HIPS protects the system from unknown malwares and is heavily user dependent. So Comodo is not for novice users.
Viruscope monitors the activities of processes running on your computer and alerts you if they take actions that could potentially threaten your privacy and/or security. Apart from forming yet another layer of malware detection and prevention, the sub-system represents a valuable addition to the core process-monitoring functionality of the Defense+ by introducing the ability to reverse potentially undesirable actions of software without necessarily blocking the software entirely. This feature can provide you with more granular control over otherwise legitimate software which requires certain actions to be implemented in order to run correctly.
YOU MUST READ COMODO HELP FILE
Comodo’s Firewall consistently ranks among the highest in industry tests.
- Defense+ Technology
Proactive protection to automatically isolate threats from suspicious files so they can’t cause harm actually preventing infections not just detecting them. Cloud based whitelisting of trusted publisher easily identifies a safe file and vendor.
- Policy based automatic-sandboxing
- Ability to create automatic sandboxing rule based on various parameters such as file reputation, file origin, file source etc.
- New default auto-sandboxing policy which is fine-tuned to isolate risky unknown applications
- Hardware virtualization support
- When Intel VT-x or AMD SVM Virtualization extensions are available, Enhanced Protection Mode makes use of these technologies and CIS operates at hypervisor level
- Minimal Interruptions
Comodo Internet Security 8 relieves you of the responsibility of deciding whether to block or allow untrusted files – it makes the decisions for you. Game Mode suppresses operations that could interfere with a user’s gaming experience such as alerts, virus database updates or scheduled scans.
- Spyware Scanning
Spyware Scanner detects and cleans malware infections in PC registry and disks.
- Cloud based Antivirus
Cloud based antivirus scanning detects malicious file even if a user does not have up-to-date virus definitions.
DOWNLOAD Comodo Internet Security Premium 8
- You can customize the installation by clicking “Customize Installation“
- Untick the feature you don’t want to install
- The main interface
- When asked to choose the location, select correct one.
- If you are not sure just select “I am at public place“
- User may un-tick “Show messages from COMODO Message center“
- Un-tick “Show welcome screen on startup“
- Un-tick “Show the upgrade button in the main interface“
- Tick “Enable enhanced protection mode“
- When shown this window click “yes“
- Select the auto-sandboxed rule as shown below and click “Edit”
- Set “Any” under tab “Origin” as shown below
- Tick “Do NOT show popup alerts“
- Select “Block requests” next to “Do NOT show popup alerts“
- Un-tick “Do NOT show popup alerts“
The ‘Rating Scan’ feature runs a cloud-based assessment on files on your computer to assess how trustworthy they are.
Based on the trustworthiness, the files are rated as:
- Trusted – the file is safe
- Unknown – the trustworthiness of the file could not be assessed
- Bad – the file is unsafe and may contain malicious code. You will be presented with disinfection options for such files.
COMODO CLOUD LOOKUP
- Cloud lookup checks the rating of selected files using online Comodo databse
- Select all the files and select “lookup”
- Comodo lookup shows the rating of scanned files
- When asked for submitting unknown files click “yes“, to upload those files to Comodo for analysis
- Submitting files may take some time depending on your internet speed
- Don’t worry about failed upload
- You may Clean the list of submitted files
Since auto-sandboxing has been enabled, while installing some applications the installer application may get sandboxed. This will cause unsuccessful installation.
To successfully install safe applications
- Disable auto-sandboxing
- Install the safe application
- After the installation is complete, enable the auto-sandoxing
While installing some safe application, user may get this alert. This is false positive
- Tick “Do not ask me this question again”
- Click “No. i will try to clean it myself”
- Click “Ignore“
- Click “Ignore and Report as False Alert“
RUNNING UNKNOWN APPLICATIONS
While trying to run unrecognized application user will get this message because the unrecognized application will be forced to run inside sandbox.
This unrecognized application can be a good application or it can be malware which can harm the computer.
- If user is sure that this is a safe application then click “Do not isolate next again”
- Close the application.
- Start it again
- Open File List
- Find application with file rating “unrecognized”. If it is good application then change the “file rating” to “trusted”