Qihoo 360 Browser
- Secure Surfing & Download – Filter anti-phishing and malicious URL while browsing and scan downloaded file for malware.
- Ad Filter – Hide unwanted advertisements to emphasize web contents.
- Tab Search – Switch between numerous active tabs or open new desired tabs by entering keywords in address bar. Additionally, preface your keyword with @ to search among open tabs only.
- Dual Engine – Powered by Webkit and IE web engines, 360 Browser optimizes the best webpage experience for you.
It uses chrome extensions.
Ad filter works good. Still needs improvement.
Biggest advantage using it is its malicious & phishing URL detection. It works really very good
Still needs some tweaking and performance improvement. How bookmarks are arranged and manged needs improvement. How tabs are handled when a large number of webpages are opened needs improvement.
I didn’t like the use of IE trident engine. It does not work well. So using only Webkit engine is recommended.
- Installatin is easy
- installation in progress
- 360 browser main interface
- 360 browser menus
- Ad blocker settings
- ad blocker has two types. one blocks popup ads and another blocks ads in a webpage.
- File download settings
- 360 browser uses chrome extensions
- 360 browser claims to provide these protections when you visit a website
- Ad blocks successfully blocks ads
- tab menus
- Task manager shows how much RAM is being used by the 360 browser
- Detailed memory usage
- 360 browser uses its own download manager
- Download manager window
- After download it scan the file to check if its malicious. it says that the downloaded file is malware but does not deletes it.
Settings to use IDM with 360 browser
- Start IDM configuration.
- in General tab click “Add browser“
- Search and select 360browser.exe . click “Open“
- The location of 360 browser is like this for Vista/7/8 users “C:\Users\viktik\AppData\Local\360Browser\Browser\Application”
- Now IDM will capture download from 360 browser