Tixati is a very good torrent download manager.
Shows a lot of info about the torrent
You can do a lot of settings and customization.
- Ultra-fast downloading algorithms
- DHT, PEX, and Magnet Link support
- Easy and quick install – no java, no .net
- Super-efficient peer selection and choking
- RC4 connection encryption for added security
- Detailed bandwidth management and charting
- UDP Peer Connections and NAT router hole-punching
- Advanced features such as RSS, IP Filtering, Event Scheduler
- Click “Load” next to “Light background”
- Click “Configure” next to “Notifications”
- Untick “Show tray balloon when download completes”
- Click “close”
- Select “Every day” next to “Randomize port”
- Set “Outgoing Peer Connection Encryption” as “Encrypted only”
- Set “Outgoing peer Connection Protocol” as “TCP>UDP”
- Set “Incoming peer Connection Protocol” as “None”
- You should set the “Download slots” and “Upload slots”
- I have set “Download Slots” to “1”
- I have set “Upload slots” to “1”
- Untick “Recycle unused download slots for uploads”
- Untick “Recycle unused upload slots for downloads”
- You may set Locations as shown below
- Set “Activate IP filter feature” to “ON”
- Set “Automatic reload interval” to “1 week”
- Set “Activate Scheduler Feature” to “On”
USING IPFILTERS TO INCREASE THE PRIVACY
Download link for ip filters
level 1 : http://list.iblocklist.com/?list=ydxerpxkpcfqjaybcssw&fileformat=p2p&archiveformat=gz
Unallocated address space : http://list.iblocklist.com/?list=gihxqmhyunbxhbmgqrla&fileformat=p2p&archiveformat=gz
it is recommended that you use level 1, Unallocated address space and badpeers lists .
- Click “Add” to add a new ipfilter
- Give it a name. In this case it is “LEVEL 1”
- Copy the Level 1 download link from above list and paste it in the “IP List Source HTTP” as shown below
- Click “OK”
- LEVEL 1 Ipfilter added to the list
- Similary add ipfilter “Unallocated address space” and”Badpeers”
- It should look like below
SET DOWNLOAD ADN UPLOAD BANDWIDTH
- It would be nice if you set the Download speed ( Limit Incoming KB/s ) and the Upload speed (Limit outgoing KB/s ).
- Find out the maximum download & upload speed of your internet connection.
- Then set the “Limit Incoming” and “Limit Outgoing” which is set in KiloBytes per second.