Emsisoft Internet Security 9
Malware detection rate is very good.
Web protection is also very good. Sometimes accessing web links may be slow.
Cloud based detection helps in detecting new malware
Proactive protection is very good in protecting from new zero day malwares.
Sometimes user will be asked to take decision, especially when installing/executing new softwares.
Heavy on system resources.
Overall i like this product in terms of security.
- Main interface of Emsisoft Internet Security
- Set “block and notify” for “privacy risks”
- Better setting for more security is shown below
- Block the incoming connection
- Set “Ask” for outgoing connections for unknown programs
- If you want more control on internet access by trustworthy programs then set “Ask” for outgoing connection
- MANUAL SCAN
- Untick “Activate memory usage optimization” if you have 4 GB or more RAM installed in the system. This will lower the hard disk usage by emsisoft.
- Sometimes emsisoft will ask user take decision whether to allow an application to do certain task.
- If you know that this application is good and can be trusted then you should click “Allow Always“
- If you update or upgrade a software then emsisoft will ask user to update the rule for that application. User should click “Update rule“