360 Total Security is a security product by Qihoo company based in China.
- Uses BitDefender and Avira antivirus engines.
- Uses 360 Cloud based engine and QVM-II AI engine which requires your computer to be connected to the internet to work.
- Download file scan. The files you download from the internet will be scanned for malware. it works very well.
- Protect your computer away from malware/phishing / backdoor and the new type of threats via fastest and more intelligent cloud technology.
- Malware detection rate is very high.
- Malicious & phishing website detection rate is very good.
- Cloud-based proactive security. So it is better that you keep the computer connected to the internet.
- Light on system resources.
- There is no firewall in this product. So you will be using windows inbuilt firewall.
- Online shopping protection
- Speedup feature can be used to speed up the system performance.
- the cleanup feature can be used to remove junk files in the system. It works very good and supports many applications.
- Sandbox feature can be used to run unknown applications in it. so that it cannot do harmful changes to the system
- PatchUp feature is very good. It detects and patches the system vulnerabilities.
- Proactive protection is very good. But it requires the user to take proper decision. So it is user dependent.
DOWNLOAD 360 Total Security
- Installation is fast and easy.
- Tick “Enable Bitdefender Antivirus Engine to enhance protection“
- This is the main interface
- Notification area menu
360 Total Security RECOMMENDED SETTINGS
- Untick ” Show startup time after system startup“
- Untick “Notify me when entering shopping site“
- Tick “When inserted, prompt only when threat is detected“
- Tick “Disable Windows Autoplay functionality“
- You can change “Protection modes” by clicking on Protection icon as shown below
- Click “Configure” to change “Protection modes“
- For better security select “Security” as shown below.
- Click “Apply“
- Protection Mode set to “Security“
To disable to 360 Total Security, right-click on the icon and slide the slider as shown below.
- Click “OK” to disable the Active protection
- To Enable the Active Protection, slide the slider as shown below
360 TOTAL SECURITY LOG
- “Virus scan” log contains the log file of various scans that has been done
- “Web Threat” log contains logs of threats detected by web browser protection
- “Downloaded File” log contains the log of scan done on files downloaded from internet by the web browser.
- “File Protection” log contains the log of malware detected in hard disk or other storage media
- “Behavior Blocking” log contains the log of actions allowed/blocked
- Auto-allowed means Qihoo allowed the actions of applications by itself
- “Allowed” means the user has allowed a particular action of an application
- “Blocked” means the user has blocked a particular action of an application
- “Online shopping” log contains the log of threats detected during online shopping
- Various types of manual scans
Quick scan is the fastest scan you can do to check if there is active malware in the system. If you do find a malware in quick scan then it’s better that you do a full scan of the computer.
- Quick scan in progress
- If malware is found by the scan then click “Resolve” to remove the malware
Custom scan lets you choose folders and drives which you want Qihoo to scan
- Sometimes Qihoo finds unknown files during a scan. It gives the option to upload those unknown files to their server so that they can scan it and tell whether it is malicious or safe.
- Click on “Upload“.
- To see the File Analysis status at any time you need to click “File Analysis” button as shown below
- “Safe” means that file is safe to use.
- “Unknown risk ” means Qihoo has not completed the analysis of the file
- When you see analysis results as “No risk found” or “Safe“, it means all these files are safe to use.
- Now you should click on “Clear history”
Speedup module suggests settings that can speed up the system performance.
- Use “speedup” only one time as instructed below
- Untick everything except “Network performance optimization” as shown below
- Click “Optimize“
- Cleanup – System cleaner to delete junk files in the system and disable the unnecessary plugin.
- Click “Scan” to scan the system to find junk files
- Click “Clean up” to remove the junk files
- Toolbox contains various additional tools
- You can run an application or file in the sandbox so that it cannot harm the files stored in the computer.
- To run an application file in sandbox click “Run a specific program” and select the application.
- The user can also open a file in the sandbox by right-clicking on it and select “Run in 360 Sandbox” as shown below.
- Qihoo sandbox may not be able to run some type of files in the sandbox. In that case, you will get alerts as shown below.
- “File List” shows the list of media and document files that are running in the Sandbox
- “Running List” show the list of applications running in the Sandbox.
- If you want any application to run in Sandbox when it is executed then you can add those applications here.
- To do so click “Add Auto-sandbox program” and select the executable application
- Firefox web browser added to the list
- Sandboxing of files occupies storage space in hard disk.
- To free up the occupied space click “Clean Up” as shown below
- Click “close all programs” if asked
- You may tick “Disallow network access for sandboxed programs” if you are running a suspicious application in the sandbox.
VULNERABILITY PATCH UP
- Patch Up – Used to patch windows OS
- Select all the updates you want to install by ticking it.
- Click “Patch” to download the update and patch the system files.
- Patch-Up in progress
- All vulnerabilities patched
- See which patch has been applied
- See which patch has failed/ignored
- Patch up settings
SYSTEM BACKUP CLEANER
- It finds and deletes the Microsoft windows update backup files. If your system seems stable after windows update then you can do this scan to remove backup files.
- Click “Scan” to find system backup files
- Click “Clean Up” to remove the remove system backup files
- Click “yes“
- Click “Back“
- Quarantine file list can be opened by clicking on”Quarantine” as shown below
- This is where the detected malware’s are kept.
- To remove all the malware from Quarantine, click “Select all” and “Delete“
- Sometimes a good application may be detected as malware and will get quarantined, which is called false positive.
- To restore the false detected files go to quarantine list. Tick the file that has been quarantined as malware
- Click “Restore“
- When asked for confirmation, tick “Add files to trust List” and click “OK“
- Now that files will be restored to its original directory and added to trust list so that it does not get detected as malware again.
Extension for chrome based web browser
Qihoo supports internet explorer, Google chrome, Mozilla Firefox web browser.
Other Chrome-based web browsers can install Qihoo web protection from the link below
- When you start Chrome web browser, click as shown below to add “360 Internet protection” extension
- When malware is detected by real-time protection of Qihoo, a window opens as shown below
- The detected malware gets Quarantined.
- Click “Confirm” to close the window.
- If a good application gets quarantined then the user may click “Restore original file” to restore the good file.
- If a lot of malware is found the Qihoo asks to do the Scan of the system.
- Click “Scan Now“
- If you do a manual scan and malware is found the computer, then Click “Resolve” as shown below
- If a malware gets detected while it is executing an application, then an alert of this will be shown. This dark red color indicates the severity of malware. The user needs to click “Remove” to remove the malware.
- If the downloaded file is detected as “High Risk” then this alert is shown.
- Select “clean” and click “OK” to remove the malware
- If the downloaded file is detected as”Unknown” then this alert is shown
- Select “clean” and click “OK” to delete the Unknown file
- If malware is detected in download file then this alert is shown.
INSTALLING SAFE APPLICATIONS
- Sometimes when installing good applications user gets this alerts. If you know that this is good application then you must click “Allow All” so that good application gets installed in a correct manner.