GOM Media Player is freeware video playback software developed by the South Korean company, Gretech Corp. Designed with both power and simplicity in mind, GOM Media Player is an ideal video player for both beginners and experts alike.
Aside from being the most widely used video player in South Korea, the non-Korean versions of GOM Media Player enjoy a monthly worldwide user base of over 43 million in over 200 countries, making it one of the world’s most popular video players.
GOM Media Player includes built-in support for all the most popular video formats (MP4, AVI, WMV, MKV, MOV, FLV, etc), loads of advanced features (screen capture, audio capture, video playback speed control, and more), and the Codec Finder service that helps you locate missing codecs for formats that aren’t supported by default. You can even watch broken and incomplete AVI files with GOM Media Player.
- Microsoft Windows 8 (32 / 64bit), Windows 7 (32 / 64bit), Vista (32 / 64bit), XP (32 / 64bit), 2000
- flv,mp4, mov, mpg, ts, avi, divx, asx, wmv, m4v, dat, ifo, vob, 3gp/3gp2, rm/rmvb, mkv, ogm. Additional formats can be played with external codecs.
- mp3, .m4a, .aac, .ogg
- .smi, .srt, .rt, .sub (with IDX)
- .asx, .pls
- OGG, XVID, DIV1, DIV2, DIV3, DIV4, DIV5, DIV6, DIVX, DX50, MP41, MP42, MP43, H263, AP41, MPG4, MP4S, M4S2, MP4V, BLZO, MJPG, RMP4, DXGM, and H264
DOWNLOAD GOM Player
INSTALLATION & SETTINGS
- Just after install GOM asks to choose from certain options
- The main interface of GOM player
- GOM settings
- You may want to enable “On top while playing”
- You may want to uncheck “Default playback windows size”. this will stop resize of gom windows every-time a video is played.
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1 users must select “Enhanced video renderer” for “output type“.
- Windows 7 and 8 users may want to install .net framework 4.5.1
- Download .net framework 4.5.1 –
- Windows XP user can use “Enhanced video renderer” only if they install .net framework 3.5 or 4.
- Download .net framework 4 – http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=17718
- Enable “Normalizer“
USE EXTERNAL CODEC AND FILTERS TO PLAY VIDEO AND AUDIO
- First you need to install some external filter and codec.
- I recommend klite codec pack basic.
- Download & Install K-Lite codec pack basic
- Goto GOM settings.
- Uncheck all under “Source filter” in Filters.
- Uncheck all by clicking “Select None“
- Check “enable Quick Play mode“
- Uncheck “LAV audio decoder” & “LAV splitter“
- Click “Close“.