The virus, Trojans, and worms can infect your computer. They can cause the slowdown of the computer. They modify the registry settings. They can delete your important files. They can steal your personal information. They can steal you bank account information and password. All of these are can cause serious trouble in your life.
If you already have an antivirus installed in your computer then first uninstall that old antivirus before installing new antivirus . Restart your computer so that all the component of old antivirus gets uninstalled.
Install the latest version of antivirus. After the installation, it is recommended that you restart the computer. Also, keep your antivirus updated.
Also, scan your computer once every week. You can schedule the scanning in the antivirus.
Keep in mind that installing antivirus in a computer which is free from the virus is not the same as installing the antivirus on an infected computer. In an infected computer it may very hard or even impossible to install antivirus because the active virus, malware will not let the antivirus install on the computer. So it is a good habit that you install antivirus in a computer as early as possible after the fresh installation of Windows operating system.
- Tencent PC Manager
- Qihoo 360 Total Security
- Bitdefender Antivirus Free
- Avast Free Antivirus
- AVG Free Antivirus
- Avira Free Antivirus
1. Tencent PC Manager
Tencent PC manager is a free antivirus which uses Tencent cloud, Tencent Antivirus engine, Bitdefender antivirus engine and Tencent system repair engine
Malware detection rate is good. Improvements can be done.
Malicious URL detection is the best.
Proactive protection is good. It takes decision most of the time. Sometimes the user will need to take the decision.
It is light on system resources. RAM usage around 200 MB
Know more about Tencent PC manager
2. QIHOO 360 TOTAL SECURITY
- Qihoo uses Bitdefender and Avira antivirus engine which leads to a very high level of malware detection. In addition, it uses 360 cloud scan engine and cloud-based QVMII AI engine. If you are not connected to the internet while scanning files then you will get lower detection rate. In that case, you will be using offline Bitdefender or Avira engine to detect malware in offline mode.
- Fast malware detection & removal.
- Very Good in Block phishing websites & malicious URLs.
- Stop unauthorized keylogger and webcam access.
- Protection for the webcam is good. protection from keylogger is weak.
- Impact on system resources is low. RAM usage between 60 MB to 230 MB depending on which virus database you choose to use.
- Proactive Protection is good. But requires the user to take proper decision sometimes.
- Need some computer know-how to use it.
- Virus Scan : Integrating award-winning antivirus engines from 360 Cloud Engine,360 QVMII, Avira and BitDefender to provide you with the ultimate in Virus detection and protection capabilities.
- Speedup : Manage and optimize your system services, boot up items and plugins – Shorten your boot time and get going sooner!
- Cleanup frees your disk space by removing junk files and plugin which can improve system performance – With cleanup, you can decide which areas and files to clean.
- Protection offers 4 different user selectable modes – Performance/Balanced/Security and Custom. Each mode offers a different level of protection from malware, phishing attacks, and backdoors.
- WiFi Security Check will analyze your Routers settings to ensure a safe and secure internet experience.
- You can run risky programs in Sandbox, threats will be kept separate from your system and isolated in the Sandbox.
- Patch up offers the latest patches and security updates available for your operating system including Windows Operating system updates, using patch up allow you to keep your system up to date and running smoothly.
The proactive defense will generate a lot of messages while installing applications. You need to “allow” when you are installing good applications. But you need to block when you are not sure if the application is safe or unknown application is causing Qihoo to generate a message.
Know more about Qihoo 360 Total security
Download Qihoo 360 Total Security
3. BITDEFENDER ANTIVIRUS FREE
- Bitdefender provides a high level of security.
- Also, malware detection and removal capability is very good.
- Very easy to use. Good for novice users.
- Also, it is very light on system resources.Perhaps the lightest of all free antivirus.
- Its web protection effectively protects from malicious web links.
- Very accurate.
- It can take all the decision itself. So very good for novice users that cannot take the correct decision themselves.
- It updates and upgrades automatically. So install once and you don’t need to worry for years.
- Proactive protection is very good. So you are protected from new unknown malware.
- Only negative thing is that you cannot configure it. Manual scanning of a huge number of files may take a long duration of time.
- Real-time Shield The real time shield is designed to protect your entire system from infected files coming from the outside before they have a chance to spread inside your PC.
- Active Virus Control Proactive technology that quickly and accurately detects potential threats, even in cases of new viruses for which there is no default protection released yet.
- Intrusion Detection System Ensures that applications trying to access the Internet or the network are not masked malware. Intrusion Detection is automatically alerted when such apps behave in a suspect manner and blocks them when they go over the limit.
- B-Have Proactively detects unknown threats that other products miss, by analyzing how apps behave in a safe environment. If no malicious actions are detected, B-Have starts the program normally. Otherwise, it will automatically quarantine or delete it.
- HTTP Scanning Protects you from scams such as credit card phishing attempts, Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition scans all the links you access from your browser and blocks them when they prove to be unsafe.
- Anti-rootkit Rootkits are a type of stealth software, often malicious, that can help hackers get control of your computer. Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition uses special technology that detects and blocks such malicious software.
DOWNLOAD Bitdefender Antivirus Free
- 64-bit version
- 32-bit version
4. AVAST FREE ANTIVIRUS
- Avast has improved. Avast provides a high level of security .
- it is very easy to use.
- Its web protection is effective and blocks malicious URL.
- Its malware detection and removal capability is very good & fast.
- It is light on system resources.
- uses very less RAM.
- Provides a very high level of customization.
- Good in detecting new unknown malware.
- Browser Cleanup Get rid of annoying browser add-ons.
DOWNLOAD Avast Free Antivirus
5. AVG Free Antivirus
- AVG AntiVirus Free is fast and free antivirus for Windows OS.
- It is light on system resources.
- Updates are small in size. So users with slow internet can also use it without any problem.
- Easy to use.
- AVG malware detection rate is good.
- Its scanning speed is fast.
- Proactive protection is good. It will detect most of the new unknown malware on its execution
DOWNLOAD AVG ANTIVIRUS FREE
AVG AntiVirus 2016 User Guide : http://files-download.avg.com/doc/AVG_Free/avg_free_uma_en_ltst_20.pdf
6. Avira free antivirus
- Avira malware detection and removal capability is very good.
- But its web protection is not that effective.
- RAM usage is low. Impact on system performance is very low.
- Scanning speed is fast.
- Malware removal is fast.
- Easy to use.
- Proactive protection from unknown malware’s is just Ok. It is still weak in my opinion.
- It won’t be protecting web browser settings
- Also weak in protecting system settings, windows firewall setting, windows security center settings, internet explorer settings.
DOWNLOAD AVIRA FREE ANTIVIRUS