Bandizip is a free and very effective archiver software which supports from Windows XP to Windows 8.1
It works very fast.
Archiving support only for zip, zipx, tar, tgz, 7z, and exe . So if you need to archive in other formats then bandizip may disappoint you in this feature.
- Packing and Unpacking: Zip(z01), ZipX(zx01), TAR, TGZ, 7Z(7z.001), and EXE(e01)
- Unpacking Only: RAR(part1.rar, r01), ACE, ALZ, APK, ARJ, BH, BZ, BZ2, CAB, EGG, GZ, J2J, JAR, IMG, IPA, ISO, LHA, LZH, LZMA, PMA, TBZ, TBZ2, TGZ, TLZ, TXZ, UDF, WAR, WIM, XZ, and Z
- Support unicode to display international characters which display for filenames in archives
- Bypass the bad compression files automatically by “High Speed Archiving” function
- Extract the files to the destination folder directly by “Fast Drag & Drop” function
- Create self-extracting file (.EXE) and multi-volume (split) archives
- Optional archive encryption using ZipCrypto and AES 256
- Context Menu access including “Preview Archive” function
- Create or extract multiple zip files simultaneously from windows explorer
- Free to use at both home and in the office
- installation is fast and easy
- The main interface of bandizip
- In Windows 8 you need to set association like this.
- Click “select all”.
- Click “Save”.
- You may want to tick “Cascaded context menu”
- To create a new archive file
- add files and folders to archive
- password protect archive
- Windows 8.1 users may have to use “extract as administrator” sometimes to successfully extract archive files.