K-Lite Codec Pack version 10 has integrated both the 32 bit codec and 64 bit codec in one installer. It allows you to play most of the video and audio formats. It is updated frequently. So it is always up-to-date with the newest and best components.
Unique features compared to other codec packs:
The pack works on all versions of Windows from XP to Windows 8.1. The intelligent installer automatically adapts itself based on your version of Windows. It also adapts itself based on what other codecs are already installed on your computer.
- Contains both 32-bit and 64-bit codecs.
The installer is able to detect broken codecs and DirectShow filters on your system, and helps you to fix those problems. This unique functionality has helped thousands of people solve problems they were unable to fix themselves or with other packs.
The installation is fully customizable. You can choose which components you want to install.
It is extremely easy to make a fully customized unattended installation with the integrated wizard.
The pack has many options, which allows you to tweak it to your own specific needs and preferences.
It helps clean up other codecs installed on your computer. The installer is able to detect and remove over 100 different codec and filter packs. This helps you get rid of old junk, prevents conflicts, and leaves you with just the essential and best codecs.
It does not contain any codecs or filters that are known to be bad, buggy or unstable. In fact, the installer is able to detect and disable several known troublemakers that may already be present on your computer. This solves problems and improves system stability.
Compatible with Windows XP, 2003, Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8. Both x86 and x64.
- Start the installation
- There are two types of default profiles.
- Profile 1 installs the Media Player Classic HC along with the codecs. This is best option for most of the users.
- Profile 2 installs only the media codecs and does not install Media Player Classic HC.
- Untick “Show LAV Splitter icon” & “Show LAV decoder icons“
- If you regularly download updates then untick “Check for updates”
- File associations with media player installed
- Select audio decoder output
- You may set “Same as input ” . This should work.
- Complete installation.
- If you have selected Profile 2 during installation, then you may install MPC HC.
LAV Filter settings
- Start “LAV Audio” & “LAV Audio (x64)” settings from start menu
- Untick “Enable Mixing“
- Start “LAV Video” & “LAV Video (x64)” settings from start menu
- Under “Hardware Acceleration” you need to select which hardware decoder you want to use
- Users with AMD APU and AMD graphics card should select DXVA2 native.
- Users with 2nd generation (or higher) Intel i series cpu should select Intel Quick Sync.
- Users with NVIDIA graphics should select NVIDIA CUVID.
- If hardware decoder can be used then it will say “Available” beside it as shown below.
- If selected hardware decoder cannot be used then it will say “Not Available” beside it as shown below.
DOWNLOAD MPC HC
- 64 bit – http://www.filehorse.com/download-media-player-classic-64/
- 32 bit – http://www.filehorse.com/download-media-player-classic-32/
DOWNLOAD MPC BE