IZArc is the best free file compression utility supporting many archive formats like: 7-ZIP, A, ACE, ARC, ARJ, B64, BH, BIN, BZ2, BZA, C2D, CAB, CDI, CPIO, DEB, ENC, GCA, GZ, GZA, HA, IMG, ISO, JAR, LHA, LIB, LZH, MDF, MBF, MIM, NRG, PAK, PDI, PK3, RAR, RPM, TAR, TAZ, TBZ, TGZ, TZ, UUE, WAR, XPI, XXE, YZ1, Z, ZIP, ZOO. With a modern easy-to-use interface, IZArc provides support for most compressed and encoded files, as well as access to many powerful features and tools. It allows you to drag and drop files from and to Windows Explorer, create and extract archives directly in Windows Explorer, create multiple archives spanning disks, creating self-extracting archives, repair damaged zip archives, converting from one archive type to another, view and write comments and many more. IZArc has also build-in multilanguage support.
With IZArc you can open CD image files like ISO, BIN, CDI and NRG. It is also possible to convert such files from one type to another (BIN to ISO, NRG to ISO).
I recommend it to Windows 8 users because it is fast and compatible.
- Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7/8
Installation is full of extra toolbars and software. So don’t install the extra that has been added to it.
- Select Advanced. Uncheck all three options.
- When asked again click cancel.
- Select “Skip” for all special offer.
- Now actual IZArc installation starts.
- When asked to install wartune select “I do not accept“. Click Next.
- Select your language.
- File association default settings are good.
- Explorer enhacements default seetings are good. You may uncheck some of these options.
- Windows 8 users will have to associate archive file to IZArc manually. For that select a archive file. Right click on it. Select “Choose default program“.
- Select “IZArc Archiver“.
- To extract a archive file Right Click on the file. Select IZArc->Extract Here .
- To extract the archive file inside a folder. Select IZArc->Extract to <folder name>.