OnDemand Online malware scan & removal tools help in scanning & removal of malware from your computer. The detection is done in cloud so you need to have a live internet connection for these tools to work. Thats why the size of these tools are small.
Malware types that will be scanned are viruses, worms, Trojans, and spyware.
It can be used along with the installed realtime antivirus software without any compatibility issues. You can run it anytime and scan any specified files/folders.
1. Trend Micro HouseCall
HouseCall is Trend Micro’s highly popular and capable on-demand antivirus software scanner for identifying and removing viruses, trojans, worms, unwanted browser plugins, and other malicious software.
It features an intuitive interface and the ability to perform fast scans that target critical system areas and active malware. It also leverages the Trend Micro Smart Protection NetworkTM to help ensure that scans catch the latest threats.
HouseCall 8 includes the following features:
- Easy-to-use interface makes scanning your computer a snap
- Custom Scan let’s you specify which folders to scan
- Quick Scan reduces scan times to a few minutes
- Stand-alone; eliminates compatibility issues associated with browser-activated scanners
- Smart Scan delivers the latest protection while reducing download times
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8 both 32 & 64 bit
- Download housecall and run it. It will download some components from the internet.
- This is the main interface of trend micro housecall.
- In settings you can select what to scan.
- Smart feedback setting
- Housecall scan is running
- It detected some threats. Click “Fix now” to start removal of threat.
- Scan result.
2. PANDA CLOUD SCANNER
- Greater detection capacity than traditional antivirus solutions thanks to its latest generation technologies.
- Online detection of all types of malware, vulnerabilities and unknown threats.
- Easy to use from your browser and always up-to-date against the latest threats.
- A free report about threats detected and the status of the security protection installed on your computer.
- Compatible with any installed antivirus, the most popular browsers and the latest versions of Windows, including Windows 7.
- Panda needs to be installed to work.
- Panda cloud scanner main interface.
- It lets you do standard scan to search for active malware.
- Analyse all PC scans whole computer. Analyse other elements lets you do custom scan in which you can specify which folder has to be scanned.
3. F-Secure Online Scanner
Harmful items (malware, spyware, viruses and Trojans) can impact device and Internet performance, slowing down connections and affecting usability. They also pose a risk to consumer privacy. Private credentials like passwords can be stolen, providing cyber criminals with access to online bank accounts, social media accounts, and other personal data.
F-Secure Online Scanner finds and removes harmful items from your PC. Online Scanner helps to get rid of viruses and spyware that may cause problems on your PC, and it works even if you have another security software installed on your computer. F-Secure Online Scanner is easy to use with just a couple of clicks: just download it and run it. It does not leave anything on your PC.
Online Scanner cleans your PC.
- Scans your PC for harmful items
- Cleans up viruses and malware
- Detects latest threats immediately
- Easy to use
- Windows 8
- Windows 8 Pro
- Windows 7 (all editions)
- Windows Vista (all editions)
- Windows XP SP3
- Download and run fsecure online scanner
- Scanning memory.
- Scanning files.
- This is standard and simple scan the scans for active malware.
- There is no custom scan available.
- Scan finished.
4. Norton Power Eraser
Eliminates deeply embedded and difficult to remove crimeware that traditional virus scanning doesn’t always detect. This powerful FREE tool from Symantec detects and eliminates difficult-to-remove threats, rootkits, and unique types of crimeware like scamware that cost unsuspecting computer users as much as $150 million per year.
The NEW Norton Power Eraser takes on difficult to detect crimeware known as “scareware” or “rogueware” that cybercriminals use to trick you into unknowingly downloading threats onto your computer. This growing form of crimeware uses bogus pop-up alerts or security messages that scare you into thinking your computer has been infected and needs to be fixed immediately. It can be so tricky that it can automatically download onto your computer even if you don’t actively click anything! The Norton Power Eraser is specially designed to aggressively target and eliminate this type of crimeware and restore your computer back to health.
You should use Norton Power Eraser only when nothing else will remove the threat and you are willing to accept the risk that the scanner may quarantine a legitimate program.
Norton Power Eraser is specially designed to aggressively target scamware. It uses our most thorough scanning technology to eliminate threats that traditional virus scanning doesn’t always detect, so you can get your PC back.
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8 both 32 & 64 bit
- Download and run Norton power eraser.
- This is the main interface of norton
- Advanced lets you choose which type of scan you want to do.
- Reputation scan lets you scan specified file or folder.
- Choose the folder to scan
- Norton detected some threats. Very good detection rate.
- Norton made me restart the computer to remove these simple malwares which could have been simply deleted.
- Norton system scan does standard scan which scans for active malware. It is better you do whole computer scan.
- Some detected threats.
- Settings .
- If you include rootkit scan then you will have to restart computer every time you start norton scan.
- Proxy setting for internet connection.