NetWorx is a free software that lets you monitor the speed of internet. You can use it to collect bandwidth usage data and measure the speed of your Internet or any other network connection. It lets you show a internet speed graph on desktop and in taskbar. The program allows you to monitor all your network connections or a specific network connection (such as Ethernet or PPP) only. The software also features a system of highly customizable visual and sound alerts. You can set it up to alert you when the network connection is down or when some suspicious activity, such as unusually heavy data flow, occurs. It can also automatically disconnect all dial-up connections and shut down the system.
- Provides clear graphic and/or numeric display.
- Logging facility (collecting statistics) with export to a variety of file formats, including Excel, MS Word and HTML.
- Permits close supervision of uploads and downloads.
- Works with dial-up, ISDN, cable modem, ADSL, Ethernet cards, and more.
- Network information & testing tools.
- Scalable to your own modem download capabilities.
- Option to notify user or disconnect from the Internet automatically when network activity exceeds a certain level.
- Useful speed meter to accurately time downloads and report the average transfer rates
- Advanced netstat that displays applications using your Internet connection.
With NetWorx you can
- Find out and monitor how fast your Internet connection is.
- Find out and monitor how much Internet traffic you consume.
- Verify whether your ISP charges your Internet usage fairly.
- Detect a suspicious network activity on your computer.
- Perform simple network tests such as ping and trace route.
- Be notified about excessive Internet usage.
- Installation is fast and easy.
- installation directory
- Windows vista/7/8/8.1 user should select “WPF implementation“.
- Windows XP users must use “TDI implementation“
- After installation networx will ask to choose your preferred language.
- Networx will ask to choose which network connection will be monitored.
- Click finish.
- Networx icon in notification bar.
- Right click on taskbar. Select toolbars-> Network desk band. Now a network band will appear on the taskbar.
- Right click on networx band or on networx notification icon. Click “Show graph“. This will open networx graph on desktop which shows download/upload speed.
- The “Speed meter” can be used to measure the speed of the network traffic.
- The quota option let you choose a bandwidth quota for the specified network. At shown below no quota is applied at this moment.
- Click on “Setup” to set the quota.
- Quota type lets you choose what type quota you want to implement. A daily, weekly or monthly quota.
- traffic lets you choose whether download or upload or both will be monitored for quota purpose.
- Volume unit lets you select in what unit quota will be measured . In kilobytes, megabytes or gigabytes. allowances let you set the number of kilobytes, megabytes or gigabytes.
- Now 1 GB limit is set and about 8.13 MB has been used.
- In settings main windows.
- Choose from network connections that will be monitored.
- You may want to ignore local traffic if you are connected to LAN or WAN and want to monitor internet traffic only.
- The graph tab lets you customize the desktop graph and taskbar graph. You may set graph type which can be histogram, polyline or numeric. You may want to set transfer unit.
- Graph colors let you choose the color setting of graph.
- Notifications setting
- If you have dialup connection then you can choose to dialup at startup.