Comodo Internet Security is the free, multi-layered security application that keeps hackers out and personal information in.
Comodo is USA based security company.
Comodo malware detection rate is very good.
Comodo web protection is not effective. It is next to useless.
Comodo firewall is one of the best firewall. It takes most of the decision itself.
Comodo automatically sandboxes unknown executable files. Sometime it will ask the user whether to isolate or run the file unlimited mode. This can be confusing to some users.
Virus definition updates are large. So expect daily update of 50 MB. This is not good for low bandwidth users.
The free version show ads to buy some product. So this can be annoying.
Online banking and shopping protection is missing. Spam filter is missing. Web filtering of undesirable websites is missing.
Secrets of Comodo Internet Security
- Antivirus: Tracks down and destroy any existing malware hiding in a PC.
- Anti-Spyware: Detects spyware threats and destroys each infection.
- Anti-Rootkit: Scans, detects & removes rootkits on your computer.
- Bot Protection: Prevents malicious software turning your PC into a zombie.
- Defense+: Protects critical system files and blocks malware before it installs.
- Auto Sandbox Technology™: Runs unknown files in an isolated environment where they can cause no damage.
- Memory Firewall: Cutting-edge protection against sophisticated buffer overflow attacks.
- Anti-Malware Kills malicious processes before they can do harm.
Windows 7 / Vista / XP SP2/ Windows 8, 152 MB RAM / 400 MB space
Download Comodo internet Security(32/64 bit)
Download Comodo Internet Security 32 bit
Download Comodo Internet Security 64 bit
Installation and configuration
- This is the main interface of Comodo Internet security. You can always click on help icon at top-right corner of the main interface to get help from online guide.
- If you click on “Scan” button then this windows will open which gives four scan option.
- If you Click on “Task manager” on main interface then this window will open. It show what Comodo is doing. Like scanning,updating.
- As shown below click on “Tasks” at top-right corner.
- Here you can see four components of comodo internet security.
- This show firewall component.
- If you want higher security then click on “Stealth ports“. Then click on “block incoming connections“
- This is “Sandbox Task” tab.
- This is “Advanced Tasks“. In “Submit Files” you can upload any files for analysis and to check if it is malicious or not.
- Click on “Open Advanced Settings” from above window.
- Settings for update
- Security settings.
- Under Antivirus->Realtime Scan tick on “use heuristic scanning” and “medium“.
- Exclusions setting.
- HIPS Settings.
- Behavior Blocker. Set “auto-sandbox unknown applications as” to “limited“.
- Under “firewall settings” tick on “Enable anti-ARP spoofing“.
You can click on help icon at top-right corner to get detailed guide for comodo.