Trend Micro titanium internet security 2013 provides very high level of security. The 2013 version has improved a lot. But it has slow scanning which takes more time to scan files. Also realtime protection lacks a feature that causes slowing of system performance. Install it in a clean system because it will be difficult installing in a malware infected computer. I liked it because it detected and removed some low detectable malware. Its parental filter is good but not the best. Its web protection is very good. Web protection protects from harmful websites.
- Protects you from viruses, spyware, worms, Trojans, phishing, botnets, rootkits, fake AV, and more
- Blocks unsafe websites, and warns about dangerous sites before you click on them
- Finds and blocks malicious links in emails or IMs and spam from your email
- Boosts the Windows Firewall and validates WiFi networks and hotspots
- Indicates dangerous links on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest, MySpace, Sina Weibo and Mixi
- Identifies settings that may leave your personal information vulnerable using the new Privacy Scanner For Facebook feature
- Improves PC performance by cleaning up temporary files, registries, browser history, cookies and the start-up manager using System Tuner
- Restricts web content and access to desktop applications. Sets an access schedule for your kids
- Safeguards personal information like credit card numbers and passwords Shreds sensitive data using Secure Erase
- Lets you safely browse in Windows 8 Metro using Trend Micro SafeGuard
|Operating System||CPU||Memory||Disk Space|
|Windows® 8 Family (32 or 64-bit)||1Ghz||1GB (32-bit)
|Windows® 7 Family (32 or 64-bit)||800MHz
|Windows® Vista Family (32 or 64-bit)
Service Pack 2 or higher
|Windows® XP Family (32-bit only)
Service Pack 3 or higher
DOWNLOAD Trend micro titanium internet security 2013
- Trend micro titanium internet security 2013 64 bit
- Trend micro titanium internet security 2013 32 bit
- This is the main interface
- Under privacy it has facebook privacy scanner and social networking protection. Both are OFF by default. So you need to turn it ON manually.
- Click on Facebook privacy scanner and this windows pops up. Here you can turn it ON. With a single click, it lets you easily monitor your Facebook page settings and control who can contact you and access your personal information. Titanium will identify which settings may lead to privacy concerns. This feature lets you control which apps can access your bio, who can tag you, see your photos, and more.
- Titanium’s social networking security automatically scans your Facebook wall or Twitter feed and shows you safe links by highlighting them in green. Potentially malicious ones are highlighted in red.
- Titanium can help prevent hackers and spyware from stealing credit card numbers, passwords, and other sensitive data. Now, you can stop confidential data from going into web pages, email messages or instant messaging. Use the pre-defined categories or set new ones of your own. Putting just part of a word or number into the Data Theft Prevention list can still protect the whole thing.
- Use Secure Erase to shred unwanted files permanently. Deleting a file just removes the directory information, but not the actual data. The Secure Erase feature overwrites deleted files with random data, so that the contents can’t be retrieved.
- Easily protect your kids 24/7 from inappropriate websites, control the apps they can access, limit their Internet time, and review detailed activity reports about what they do online with Titanium parental controls. Click on parental controls to turn it ON.
- In “Website filter rules” you can select which category of website has to be blocked. Web filter is good but cannot block all the sites because the site may not be in trendmicro database. If you still want unknown websites to be blocked then tick on “Block untested websites” which will block websites that are not in trend micro database. By enabling “safe search filter” you can ensure that whatever is searched online is safe.
- As you can see there are a lot of categories.
- You can also assign time limit. Red represent the time slot in which no one is allowed to connect to internet.
- Also don’t forget to tick on “how many hours your children may use this computer” on weekdays and weekends.
- Apart from weekdays and weekends setting you can choose to set daily schedule.
- In parental control you have program control. In this you can select which program or software you don’t want your children to open.
- Webfilter feature is good in blocking restricted websites.
- In trend micro setting there aren’t many setting that can be done. most of the default setting are good and don’t need any change.
- Scheduled scan can be used to schedule the scan of whole computer. Once a week scan is good enough.
- Here are the settings for blocking web threats. Web threats can be phishing websites or malware distributing website. It can be websites that are engaged in web browser exploit.
- Here you can do setting to check the emails for spam and malware hidden in emails.
- Here you can do settings increase the protection level.
- Here you can do settings to scan instant messages for links that pose security risks.
- In Expection list you can add program or folders that will not be scanned by trend micro.
- Also websites can be added to exception list which will not be scanned.
- Here you can select how trend micro will start at booting process.