Mhotspot is a free-software(with-out installation)that converts your wifi enabled LAPTOP/PC running windows OS into a virtual wifi hotspot and share your internet through wifi to other laptops, smartphones,PDA’s,Tablet-PCs or any other wifi devices. Features: The best part in mhotspot is,it’s free and easy to use,need not to install the software. Any no. of devices can be connected to the created virtual hotspot. It’s simplest user interface differentiates it from the rest. Even the ANDROID and SMART PHONES without any further modifications into them, can access the wifi internet. Even simpler mobile phones with wifi connectivity can access wifi internet because of the “ACCESS POINT-SCHEMA” used in the software.
Through wifi you can share internet upto range of 50 meter. Get a high speed internet connection in one computer and share that internet with your friends, family, neighbours. You alone may not be able to pay for high speed internet connection but if a group of people gets united and buy a high speed connection then share it among themselves using wifi then it saves money and each one of them gets high bandwidth internet connection.
Supported OS – Windows 7/8/8.1
Make sure wifi adaptor is enabled. Make sure windows firewall service is started.
- Make sure that in IP4 setting for the Wifi adaptor “Obtain IP address automatically” and “obtain DNS server automatically ” is selected.
- Run the mhotspot software.
- Give a Hotspot name which other users will see as wifi hotspot .
- Enter password which will be required to connect to your hotspot.
- In “Inernet Source: ” select the network adaptor from which your computer is connected to the internet. In my case I am connected to internet through “broadband connection“. It can be LAN, USB broadband , DSL
- Click “Start Hotspot” to start sharing internet connection through wifi.
- mHotspot settings
- Now other users can connect to Wireless access point named “Internet Hotspot” and get access to internet.
- In my case my computer connected to internet using “Broadband connection” and created a WiFi hot spot named “Internet hotspot” using interface name “local Area connection* 36 ” .
- You can see below that “Local area connection 36” is the new wifi hotspot connection.
- You will something similar in your computer
- If hotspot is still not working then right click on the interface through which your computer is connected to internet.
- In my case “Broadband connection“
- Select “properties“
- In “sharing” tab tick “allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection“. Select the newly created virtual network adapter in “home networking connection“. In my case “local area connection 36“.
- Click “OK“
- Now other users will be able to access internet through wifi hotspot.