Bitdefender stops emerging e-threats that other products miss by capitalizing on live and virtualized behavior-based detection, in addition to cloud-based services. Firewall does not gives unnecessary messages about application connecting to internet. Malware blocking is very good which protects your computer from installing viruses, trojans, worms, and rootkits. Malware detection and removal is also very good. It is one of the best internet security suites available. Its auto pilot feature takes all the decision itself without disturbing you. Bitdefender lacks parental control or web filtering.
- Bitdefender Safepay™ – Keeps hackers at bay by automatically opening all your online banking pages in a separate, secure browser.
- MyBitdefender dashboard – See all the status and licensing information about your software and services in your own, MyBitdefender dashboard. Now accessible from anywhere, anytime, from any Internet-connected device.
- Security Widget – Enables you to keep track of all of your security related tasks, plus lets you quickly and easily drag-and-drop files for quick scanning for viruses—right from your desktop!
- Parental Control – Blocks inappropriate content, restricts Web access between certain hours, and helps you remotely monitor your children’s online activity – even on Facebook!
- USB Immunizer – Immunizes any Flash Drive from viruses, when they are connected to your computer, so that you never worry again about USBs infecting you or your friends.
- Active Virus Control – A proactive, dynamic detection technology which monitors processes’ behavior in real-time, as they are running, and tags suspicious activities.
- Rescue Mode – If e-threats, such as rootkits, cannot be removed from within the Windows operating system, the computer is re-booted in Rescue mode—a trusted environment which is then used for cleanup and restoration.
- Vulnerability Scanner – Checks for missing or outdated security software, missing Windows security patches, as well as potentially unsafe system settings.
- Antispam – Stops unwanted e-mail from reaching your Inbox.
- Two-way Firewall – Continuously monitors your Internet connections and prevents unauthorized access, even over a Wi-Fi network.
- Bitdefender Autopilot™ – Bitdefender Autopilot™ provides a hassle-free experience by making optimal security-related decisions without input from you. This means no pop-ups, no alerts, nothing to configure.
Safe Social Networking
- Social Network Protection – Bitdefender filters/blocks social-networking specific e-threats by scanning the links you receive from your Facebook and Twitter friends, monitors your privacy settings, and much more!
- Search Advisor – The Link Filter relies on intelligence provided by Bitdefender Cloud services to flag malware and phishing attempts in search engine results.
- Personal Data Filter – Prevents critical data (such as anything even resembling your social security number) from ever leaving your computer.
- Antiphising – Analyzes and blocks websites that support various scams or credit card phishing attempts.
- File Shredder – Ensures that no traces of your deleted sensitive files remain on your PC
- Scan Dispatcher – The Scan Dispatcher finds and uses time-slices when system resource usage falls below a certain threshold to perform recurring scans of your entire system. This way Bitdefender does not interfere with user-initiated actions and does not impact system responsiveness.
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP SP3 (32 bit) , Vista (SP2), Microsoft Windows 7 (SP1), Microsoft Windows 8
- CPU: 800MHz processor
- Memory (RAM):
- 1 GB
- Available free hard disk space: 1.8 GB free space (at least 800 MB on the system drive)
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP SP3 (32 bit), Vista (SP2), Microsoft Windows 7 (SP1), Microsoft Windows 8
- CPU: Intel CORE Duo (1.66 GHz) or equivalent processor
- Memory (RAM):
- 1 GB (Microsoft Windows XP)
- 1.5 GB (Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows 7 and Microsoft Windows 8)
- Available free hard disk space: 2.8 GB free space (at least 800 MB on system drive)
- Internet Explorer 7 and higher
- .NET Framework 3.5 (automatically installed by Bitdefender if necessary)
DOWNLOAD Bitdefender Internet Security 2013: 32Bit
DOWNLOAD Bitdefender Internet Security 2013: 64Bit:
Installation and confguration
- During installation bitdefender will ask for downloading of latest files for installation. If you have good internet connection then choose Yes else No.
- During installation it will scan your computer for active virus and malware. If allowed then download latest files for installation. Then proceed for installation of bitdefender.
- After installation you will see this interface. You can easily turn ON/OFF any of the feature like antivirus,antispam,privacy,firewall,update and safego.
- Settings offered by Bitdefender is shown below
- General setting. You can provide password protection which will be required to change setting of bitdefender. With password protection no one will be able to change setting but you.
- Automatic game mode can be used to put bitdefender in game mode when playing certain games. In game mode it will suppress any unnecessary messages.
- Automatic laptop mode when turned ON can help save battery usage of the laptop.
- In general setting -> advanced . You can set proxy server which bitdefender can use to connect to the internet.
- You can also configure status alert which will alert you if some event occurs in the antivirus, firewall, update, antispam.
- In antivirus settings -> shield. You can change the level of protection of “On-access scanning ” and “active virus control”. You can also customize On-access scanning.
- In vulnerability menu you can set set bitdefender for automatic vulnerability scan. Check critical Windows updates,application updates.
- In avtivirus settings->exclusions. You can set to exclude scanning of certain Files and folders, files with certain extensions, running processes. You can set scanning of CD/DVD, USB devices, mapped network drives to scan or not to scan automatically when inserted.
- In “Quarantine” you can see files that has been deleted after being detected as malware.
- In privacy control settings. You can turn ON/OFF various features like search advisor, scan SSL, protection against fraud, protection against phishing.
- In firewall settings. Various settings can be done in firewall. Applications can allowed/denied connection to internet.
- You can enable intrusion detection system and set it to normal for greater level of protection.
- If you want to share your internet connection then you need to ON internet connection sharing in windows below.
- In antispam settings. You can set the level of protection from spam. Cloud connected protection provides better detection of spam.
Still needs some improvement. It slowed the loading of images in some sites. Sometimes it keeps downloading something that I don’t know exactly what.