F-Secure Internet Security 2013 is a capable security suite with a good range of features. It lacks customization. It does not have its own firewall. Instead it relies on Windows firewall. This can be security problem for Windows xp and older which do not have good firewall and can be hacked or disabled. Firewall of Windows 7/8 is much better and reliable. So people using Windows 7/8 can use this security suite without worrying. But It is difficult to customize Windows firewall. I recommend using trial version before buying f-secure internet security 2013. One good thing is that you get free upgrade. It means if new F-secure 2014 is released then you can upgrade 2013 version with 2014 version for free. It is does not cause any noticeable slowdown or slowing or internet.
Cons: While resource-conscious the software doesn’t have a gaming mode.
Explore all wonders of the web and take advantage of shopping, banking and socializing online without worries. F-Secure Internet Security 2013 protects the content on your computer and safeguards you when you are browsing the web. Computer security is protection against viruses, spyware, hacker attacks and identity theft. Online safety is protection against harmful websites, getting fooled during any activities online or protecting your children against unwanted websites or uncontrolled online life.
Most F-Secure Internet Security 2013 operations are handled almost entirely automatically, so the program is for the most part very simple and straightforward to use.
And this release finally sees the program supporting all the main browsers, including Google Chrome. The system is now also fully compatible with Windows 8.
COMPUTER SECURITY protects you against all online threats
- Advanced real-time cloud-based technology against viruses, spyware and other malicious attacks
- Secure user-friendly firewall to prevent hacker attacks
- Constantly up-to-date with pioneering technology to make sure you are always safe
- Instant protection against all new threats
- Blocks spam and phishing emails
- Protection against identity theft
- Protection against unwanted mobile broadband bills
ONLINE SAFETY makes browsing, shopping and banking safe
- Browsing protection blocks harmful sites automatically so that you can browse the web safely without a hassle
- Parental control protects your children against harmful sites or uncontrolled surfing
- Banking protection activates when you start your online banking session and elevates your security settings for extra protection against any malware attacks that might happen while you’re logged in to your online bank account.
- Personalized settings for each user enables controlled on-line life at your home
- Windows 8
- Windows 7 (all editions)
- Windows Vista (all editions)
- Windows XP Home Edition
- Windows XP Professional
- Windows XP Media Center Edition
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent
- Memory requirements: minimum 512 MB
- Disk Space: 800 MB free HD space
- High speed Internet connection to validate your subscription and receive updates.
- The system must fulfill Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8 minimum requirements as specified by Microsoft
- The system must fulfill Windows 7 / Windows Vista minimum requirements as specified by Microsoft
English, Čeština, Dansk, Deutsch, Eesti keel, Español, Español (Latin America), Français, Français (Canada), Italiano, Magyar, Nederlands, Norsk, Polski, Português, Português (Brazil), Română, Slovenščina, Suomi, Svenska, Türkçe, Русский язык, ελληνικ, 日本語, 简体中文, 繁體中文(臺灣), 繁體中文(香港).
There is no offline installer provided. So you need to install F Secure internet security online. A small sized F-SecureNetworkInstaller will be provided to you which will help you to install F Secure Internet security. After running the installer, you must reboot and add your license key, after which it completes downloading the suite’s components.The total size of F secure installation files is of about 50 to 60 MB. After installation it will need update of about 50MB.
You can give it a try before buying from the link below. You can download a 30 day trail version.
No customization during installation.In setting there are not enough customization. It provides scheduled scanning. Very light on system. It takes more time to scan whole computer compared to other Internet security suites. Low false positive. Good malware detection. Very good proactive protection.
It is one of the best Internet security suites available. The default setting provided are good enough. Good for home users because most of the time it takes decisions itself and don’t pops up unnecessary messages.
- By double clicking on F-secure tray icon this small window will open. Here there are three categories. First is “Computer Security” which takes you to F-Secure computer security window.
- This is main computer security window where you can see which features are ON/OFF and can do various customizations.
- By clicking on “status” on main window you will open this status window.
- Click on “Tools” in the main interface.
- Clicking on “Applications” in “Tools” window will open “Monitored Applications” window.
- Here you can see the list of application that are being monitored by F-secure. Here you can also change application permission to “Allow”‘ or “Block”. Blocking will cause F-seure to stop that specific application from starting.
- In quarantine you can see those malware that has been removed and a copy has been kept in quarantine which can be deleted forever by user or may be restored to it original location by the user.
- Click on “Statistics” on the main interface.
- Here you can see various statistics collected by F-secure.
- By clicking on “Settings” on the main interface you can go to setting window of F-Secure.
- As you can see below that the setting that you can do in F Sceure is limited. In Virus and spyware option you can tick on “Handle harmful files automatically” which will allow f secure to remove most of the malware detected without asking you or else you can untick it so that you can decide every time a malware is detected. Similar is the case with harmful e-mail attachments and tracking cookies.
- For getting less notification you can uncheck “Ask my permission to make an Internet connection“.
- F-Secure doesn’t have its own firewall. It uses windows inbuilt firewall.
- You can use Scheduled scanning to perform whole computer scan on particular day and time. Scanning can repeat daily,weekly or monthly. One scan every week is a good option to choose.
- By double clicking on F-secure tray icon this small window will open. Here there are three categories. Second is “Online Safety” which takes you to F-Secure computer security window.
- This is the main “Online safety’ window.
- Online safety protects your family against malicious web sites while browsing internet. It can protect your children from viewing harmful contents on internet.
- Online safety settings. Browser protection,Web page filtering and time limit feature can be turned on or off.
- Browser protection blocks harmful websites if kept turned on.
- Web filtering setting lets you choose from two types of web filtering methods.
- Below you can choose from different categories of websites that you want to filter and block.
- Below is shown “time limit” feature which can be used to allow user on your computer to access internet only at those time which are permitted here. Green color shows at what time interval user will be allowed to browse internet.
- Click on “Statistics” on online safety window
- Here you can see the online safety statistics.
- By right Clicking on F-Secure tray icon this menu opens.
- Click on “Open common settings”. Here you can set the proxy setting used by F-secure.
- Under “Notifications” you can select what type of notification can occur.
- Privacy setting.