VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that plays most multimedia files as well as DVD, Audio CD, VCD, and various streaming protocols. 64 bit version of VLC is fast and more responsive. 64 bit version is new and may crash sometimes if you try to customize it .
No doubt VLC is most feature rich media player.
- Simple, fast and powerful media player.
- Plays everything: Files, Discs, Webcams, Devices and Streams.
- Plays most codecs with no codec packs needed:
- MPEG-2, DivX, H.264, MKV, WebM, WMV, MP3…
- Completely Free, 0 spyware, 0 ads and no user tracking.
- Can do media conversion and streaming.
DOWNLOAD VLC MEDIA PLAYER 32 bit
DOWNLOAD : VLC MEDIA PLAYER 64 bit
CHANGE SOME SETTINGS TO SUIT YOUR NEED
- If you would like you can change some settings of VLC. For that open preferences from Tools tab.
- Tick on”Allow only one instance“.
- Tick “resize interface to video size“
- If you have Intel Ivy bridge/Haswell/Broadwell processor OR AMD APU OR graphics card from AMD/Nvidia then you can do this setting. Tick on “Use GPU accelerated decoding“.
- Click “Save“
Again start preferences
- Click on “All” in “Show Settings“.
- Select “Secret rabbit code resampler” in “Audio resampler“
- To increase the audio quality do as shown below. Go to Audio->SRC resampler. Select “Sinc function(best quality)“.
- Click on “Save“.