The KMPlayer is a versatile media player which can cover various types of container format such as VCD, DVD, AVI, MKV, Ogg Theora, OGM, 3GP, MPEG-1/2/4, WMV, RealMedia, and QuickTime among others. It handles a wide range of subtitles and allows you to capture audio, video, and screenshots in many ways.
The player provides both internal and external filters with a fully controlled environment in terms of connections to other splitters, decoders, audio/video transform filters and renderers without grappling with the DirectShow merit system. Internal filters are not registered to user’s system to keep it from being messed up with system filters.
The KMPlayer includes almost all the essential decoders required for media playback. Furthermore, to get beyond the limitation of internal decoders, the external ones such as commercial h.264 decoders or cyberlink/intervideo audio decoders can be specified, so that KMP works optimally by the users’ own customization. Even though the KMP is based upon directshow structure, it supports Winamp, Realmedia and Quicktime by the internal logic. Thus, it is possible to specify where to try to connect firstly the media in preferences.
In short, the player provides a strong hybrid structure efficient for interconnecting various directshow filters, winamp input&dsp plugin, and internal filters. The most outstanding feature is that the player has the full control of filter connections to prevent a media playback from being messed.
The player can set multifarious audio and video effects, slow down or increase playback speed with regular tone, select parts of a video as favorites, do an exceptionally powerful A-B repeat, remap the keys of remote interface for HTPC including overlay screen controls, change a skin dynamically depending on a media type playing, and many more. It is completely customizable thanks to a wide selection of skins and color schemes, and the configuration options are extremely extensive.
DOWNLOAD LINK :
- If Kmplayer asks to set Kmplayer as default media player
- Tick “Do not show this message again“
- click “yes“
- Windows 8.1 users will see this window
- Tick “Select all“
- Click “Save“
- Windows 10 users must open control panel
- Open “Default Programs“
- open “Set your default programs“
- Select “The KMPlayer”
- click “Set this program as default“
SOME USEFUL SETTINGS AFTER INSTALLATION
- There are three File Open Methods.
- Open selected file only : Only the file that has been opened will added to playlist. Set this as “File open method”
- Open similar files together : If you select this option even if you select only one file to be played, the kmplayer will automatically select files with similar names to be added to playlist.It means if you played a file named “Britney Spears – Stronger ” then player will automatically add files to playlist with similar names like “Britney – Till the world ends” and “Britney Spears – Radar”. Similarly if you played file named ” 1. Be with you” then player will automatically add files starting with numbers to playlist.
- Open all files in folder : If you select this option then all the media files of that folder will be added to the playlist if you select any of file(s) from a folder to be played.
- Untick “restore a windows to its last position“
- Tick “Adjust aspect ratio to window size“.
- Set Rendered as “Enhanced Video Renderer (custom Allocator)“
- Set “Bilinear ( PS 2.0)” for “VMR/EVR Video Scaler“
- Set resample to “96,000 Hz” and “avc high quality” as shown below
- To associate video files with KMPlayer click on “Video only”
- I recommend that you set “Saturation” to “70%” and Tick “Enable” as shown below