Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition 2014
Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition has been designed from ground up towards enabling you to do whatever you enjoy doing most with your computer, while staying 100% safe from e-threats.
Call it “artificial intelligence” because it will always find the best solution for your system without requiring configuration and, more importantly, without having any impact on your system.
It’s malware detection rate is very good. If you don’t want any spam filter, parental control, web filter feature then this is it. Very simple. Does not show any popup messages or ads. Protects from malware files and protects from malicious web sites.
Web protection will very effectively protect from malicious websites.
Its impact on system performance is very low.
Once installed you don’t need to worry about updating or upgrading. it does it automatically whenever computer is connected to internet. And it does not expire so once installed you could go on using for years.
Windows xp user may face problem with working of bitdfender free. So you may have to reinstall it again if it is not working properly.
You need to have Microsoft .net installed in-order for bitdefender to work properly.
Windows XP users need to install .net 4 framework
Windows Visat/7 user need to install .NET Framework Version 4.5.1
Windows 8 and 8.1 user don’t need to worry about .net installation.
Note : You need to have a live working internet connection in order to install it. Also you need to register online.
- Real-time Shield – The real time shield is designed to protect access to the entire system. This means that files are scanned as they are accessed or copied. For example, the files you just downloaded from the Internet are scanned immediately.
- Active Virus Control – Active Virus Control is an innovative proactive detection technology that is able to detect new potential threats for which default protection has not yet been released, very fast and accurately, thus providing an essential protection layer.
- Intrusion Detection System – This technology makes sure that applications trying to access the Internet or the network are not masked e-threats, by marking them whenever its behavior is suspect and by stopping them if the score becomes high.
- B-Have – B-HAVE proactively detects unknown threats that other products miss by analyzing applications behavior in a safe environment. If no malicious actions are detected, B-HAVE starts the program normally; otherwise, it will automatically quarantine or delete it.
- HTTP Scanning – Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition also scans all the links you are accessing from your browser, checking them for various scams or credit card phishing attempts and blocking them when they are unsafe.
- Anti-rootkit – This technology is used to scan and block rootkits, a stealthy type of software, often malicious, designed to hide the existence of certain processes or programs from normal methods of detection and enable continued privileged access to a computer.
Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition uses an intelligent mechanism which can automatically take the optimum decisions to keep the defense levels high, in a manner that also avoids slowdowns.
- Early Boot Scanning – This technology ensures that the system is being scanned at boot time as soon as all critical services are loaded. The scope of early boot is to improve virus detection at system startup, while improving boot time also.
- Auto Scan – This technology offers a huge save in time and effort spent on scanning, by avoiding redundant actions and focusing efforts only on risky areas. Auto Scan uses confidential rules, proprietary to Bitdefender.
- 64 bit version
- 62 bit version
- Installation is easy.
- Bitdefender downloads some files from the internet for installation.
- Installation continues.
- In this windows you login using existing account or you need to create a new account inorder to use it.
- This the main interface and the only interface. You may ON/OFF the virus shield.
- It updates automatically. You can do scan of whole computer.
- You can do manual scan of files/folder by right clicking it and choose “scan with bitdefender.
- Very simple. It takes decision itself when threat is detected. You cannot customize it in any way.
- Virus shield shows what is being scanned by realtime protection module.
- On demand scanner shows what files/folder has been manually scanned. Click on “details” for mare info.
- This window shows more info about the On demand scan.
- Threat control show the list of detected threats and the quarantined files.
- Events show logs of scans & updates that has been done.
- Auto scan module scans the system when the computer is left idle.